A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Addiction... Obsession... Infatuation... With an Idea ? ? ?
icon4.gif Addiction... Obsession... Infatuation... With an Idea ? ? ?  [message #57140] Wed, 27 May 2009 11:12 Go to next message
Michael-Kent Dobison is currently offline  Michael-Kent Dobison

Likes it here

Addiction... Obsession... Infatuation... With an Idea ? ? ? ?

Well I guess that the topic says it all, and I'm really not sure how it all happened, or if it is normal.

Just a few days past I eventual got round to watching the movie 'Twilight' and I was so taken back that since Sunday I have obsessed over this movie a further 3 times or so.
Now again there has been a number of comments on the fact that the movie was nowhere close to as good at the books are, and all that jazz. So now I have made a concerted effort to go out, buy all the books and sit back to read them before I watch any more of the movies, just to make sure that I am not missing anything.

I really don't think that it is the movie it's self, nor the characters, I would have to say that I am more hooked up on the IDEA behind the movie. The feelings it creates. The concept of Hunter in love with Hunted.
Oh My God, even the music in the movie ( Piano Solo ) makes me cry every time. All I want to do is watch it, over and over and over again... Have a really lost my mind now?

Help me... tell me that its not my fault... tell me that it is normal to feel like this... Just tell me... I'm so bent over this whole thing that I can hardly think straight. Every moment of my life has been consumed by the feelings that this movie has evoked within me...

I feel so lost...

"And so the lion fell in love with the Lamb"
"What a stupid Lamb"
"What a sick, masochistic lion"

"What a stupid Lamb"
Re: Addiction... Obsession... Infatuation... With an Idea ? ? ?  [message #57141 is a reply to message #57140] Wed, 27 May 2009 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
M is currently offline  M

Likes it here

I love twilight. The movie was alright. All it did for me is put a face to the characters. I will have to agree, the books are way better.

I'm reading the fourth book at this moment. To me, they just keep getting better. If you liked the idea of the movie, the hunter in love with the hunted, then you will adore the second book. It's all about their love and the difficult decisions they have to make. I won't say no more, even though i want to, because you have to read it to understand.

I hope you enjoy the books.

P.S Bella's Lullaby is a great song.

You don't love someone because they are beautiful, they are beautiful because you love them.
Re: Addiction... Obsession... Infatuation... With an Idea ? ? ?  [message #57142 is a reply to message #57140] Wed, 27 May 2009 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
acam is currently offline  acam

On fire!

I assume that you mean the books by Stephanie Meyer, Tempo. I've bought them for one of my grandchildren and she and her mother were both captured and unable to put them down. I haven't read them myself and didn't know there was a film (there are four books, I think, and they are all quite thick.

I'm off on a few days' holiday next week. I'll take twilight with me and see how it goes.

But it sounds as if you are ***really*** hooked!

Love,
Anthony
Re: Addiction... Obsession... Infatuation... With an Idea ? ? ?  [message #57143 is a reply to message #57141] Wed, 27 May 2009 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Hey M Smile

Well I have not gotten round to start the books yet, but think that I will this weekend Smile

Is Bella's Lullaby, the piano piece that 'Edward' plays ?

"What a stupid Lamb"
Re: Addiction... Obsession... Infatuation... With an Idea ? ? ?  [message #57144 is a reply to message #57140] Wed, 27 May 2009 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Macky is currently offline  Macky

Really getting into it

Tempo,
It sounds like an obsession. My son gets these constantly one after another. One method of dealing with it is called cognitive behavior therapy. It teaches methods to beat the obsession. Drugs can be helpful if the obsession becomes debilitating. My son sees a psychiatrist fpr that. OCD comes in many different levels. Hopefully yours will pass without having to resort to these measures

Behold, how good and how pleasant it is
For brothers to dwell together in unity!
Ps 133:1 NASB
Re: Addiction... Obsession... Infatuation... With an Idea ?  [message #57147 is a reply to message #57143] Wed, 27 May 2009 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
M is currently offline  M

Likes it here

yes sir it is. what a wonderful piece it is.

You don't love someone because they are beautiful, they are beautiful because you love them.
Re: Addiction... Obsession... Infatuation... With an Idea ? ? ?  [message #57152 is a reply to message #57140] Thu, 28 May 2009 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

The strangest thing is I remember feeling this way a number of years ago ( about 18 to be exact ) about another movie "The Little Mermaid"

Looking back over both films, I have noticed that a number of similarities can be drawn from both. Each have the same IDEA behind them, a love for one that should not be had.

All I can say is that I really do hope that this infatuation will pass as soon as I am done reading the books Smile

Thanks again all Smile

"What a stupid Lamb"
Re: Addiction... Obsession... Infatuation... With an Idea ? ? ?  [message #57159 is a reply to message #57140] Thu, 28 May 2009 19:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

So why doesn't the stupid boy just bite her or whatever they do, and live happily ever after?

Still, it wasn't as bad as "The Village"

[Updated on: Thu, 28 May 2009 19:17]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Addiction... Obsession... Infatuation... With an Idea ? ? ?  [message #57202 is a reply to message #57159] Sun, 31 May 2009 04:43 Go to previous message
ray2x is currently offline  ray2x

Really getting into it

Don't fret because it's not an addiction or obsession, etc. We have all been deep into a song or movie or idea and we're ok by now. For me, it was the movie "Jesus Christ Superstar" back in the 70's. Can't even begin to understand its grip on me.

Raymundo
Previous Topic: today i became an american citizen
Next Topic: cute or creepy?
Goto Forum: