A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Site home page cleanup
icon3.gif Site home page cleanup  [message #59954] Thu, 03 December 2009 23:51
timmy

Has no life at all

The site homepage is long overdue for a cleanup.

I'm experimenting. The expanded Change Log has gone, but can be found via a link as it always could. So has Haiku of the Moment. I've changed the blurb, slimming it down. The site visitor counter is no longer relevant. It was a conceit only, and we passed 2,500,000 front door visitors a week or so ago with no-one giving a damn. So I no longer give a damn either.

> The next release of the change announcement will take fewer lines. That fie is held on a different client, the one I use as a story uploading workhorse, so I'll do that when I upload more stories

Done now.

In case you are not aware, the site gets just under 2,000 unique visits (as defined by Google Analytics) per day. I want to try to lower the bounce rate on the home page by simplifying it somewhat.

We're keeping the branding - the look and feel - and the separate branding of this forum since it is both part of and separate form the main site.

I will fiddle with it more over the next few days. Suggestions are alwasy welcome, though O will not necessarily act on them!

[Updated on: Thu, 03 December 2009 23:58]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: A request
Next Topic: Neologism
Goto Forum: