A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Female Circumcision
Female Circumcision  [message #63084] Mon, 26 July 2010 04:12 Go to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2010/jul/25/female-circumcision-children-british-law

While we often talk about the male counterpart here, the female form is just as (and in some cases much more) brutal.

Cultural sensitivity be damned this is barbarism, mutilation and violence for aesthetic purposes. It's illegal but not a single prosecution has been laid. I know it can be hard to stop a black market in cultural goods like these. But if no effort is even made...

ALL infant/ child genital mutilation, both male and female, should be banned. There is no rationale for it that justifies the practice.

When I first started reading about circumcision I was quite nonchalant because I'm circumcised and kind of like the aesthetics. But I had no say in the matter and I'm sure I would have been just as happy with a whole penis.

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Re: Female Circumcision  [message #63086 is a reply to message #63084] Mon, 26 July 2010 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Prosecutions are not brought because the girls do not complain. But why don't doctors report the matter later in life?

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Female Circumcision  [message #63090 is a reply to message #63086] Mon, 26 July 2010 23:04 Go to previous message
E.J. is currently offline  E.J.

Really getting into it

And this is why the girls (and mothers) don't complain....
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/13797098/detail.html

(\\__/) And if you don't believe The sun will rise
(='.'=) Stand alone and greet The coming night
(")_(") In the last remaining light. (C. Cornell)
Previous Topic: "My Family"
Next Topic: If you were a breakfast cereal which would you be?
Goto Forum: