A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > I have heard from Stephen
I have heard from Stephen  [message #6437] Fri, 06 December 2002 23:27 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

He says that the funeral was held well. An emotional time.

He is not feeling wonderful right now, but he is SO grateful for the messages.

This is the toughest time for him. The reality is setting in, and the shock is passing.

Now more than ever he needs to feel safe arms catching him as he rebuilds his life from what was their life. Help me hold him, please.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Here's a hug from me.  [message #6439 is a reply to message #6437] Sat, 07 December 2002 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guest is currently offline  Guest

On fire!

I never got to really know The Scholar. "Robert" if i may? Every post and reply has brought tears to my eyes, even as i type this. I hope to find someone to love and care for someday as the two of you have. As for now, I have my online family here, and hope that you join the ranks with the rest. I know you will find open arms with any of us for a hug, just wish it could be a real one. So for now, here's a couple.

HUGS
HUGS

Brian
Tight hugs  [message #6440 is a reply to message #6437] Sat, 07 December 2002 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smith is currently offline  smith

On fire!

There's nothing like the warm arms of a hug to let you know you are cared for and safe.

{{{Hugs}}}
smith
We so seldom know what to say  [message #6455 is a reply to message #6437] Sat, 07 December 2002 17:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

However scholar@iomfats.org is a place to write at present with even mundane chit chat. Stephen checks the mail there. And he has the weekend to get through. it is his first weekend of reality. Last weekend he was in shock. Now the funeral is over and reality is present.

The funeral was difficult, possibly because they were a gay couple. That sucks. But it is a fact.

So put hand to keyboard, please, and write to Stephen. Offer what you feel able to in friendship and help him to take it day by day until he can breathe again.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Here's a hug from me.  [message #72516 is a reply to message #6439] Mon, 06 February 2017 19:53 Go to previous message
Jackboy is currently offline  Jackboy

Toe is in the water

Gosh- The warmth and friendliness of this site never ceases to amaze me.
If I had to think of single words to describe how I feel here, it would have to start with safe, or perhaps secure.
Where the heck have I been all my life?

Jack.
Previous Topic: As long as we're all going to pull out poetry...
Next Topic: Happy Valentines Day
Goto Forum: