A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > And now for something completely different...
icon4.gif And now for something completely different...  [message #64728] Sat, 06 November 2010 03:41 Go to next message
dartagnon is currently offline  dartagnon

Likes it here

Group Gripe Area! You are allowed one post to just get anything stupid, frustrating, aggrevating or simply silly off your chest. No politics, no angst boomerangs, just scream out whatever has you desperately fucking angry and let it go. Therapy style.

I'm desperately fucking angry about my high school football team losing to their arch rival for the 8th year running. I mean, the coach was sending in plays by holding up sheets of cardboard with big letters printed block style. HELLO, COACH!? Yeah, the other team can see those, too. After the third time you use it, they other side knows what you're calling... dumbass.

Other than that, life's just peachy.

It's not the wolf you see you should fear, but all the ones he howls with. Don't be afraid of the song, but don't piss off the choir.
Re: And now for something completely different...  [message #64729 is a reply to message #64728] Sat, 06 November 2010 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
attatood.too is currently offline  attatood.too

Likes it here

Sweet. I like this. This I can do because it pisses me off when I go onto my Facebook page and see a half dozen people dissing other people in their statuses. For example "You know who you are, but _____". DAMN IT PEOPLE! Stop airing your laundry on the public networks. Grow a pair and pick up the phone and tell them because we don't need to know. If you don't have something worthwhile to say... well, then just shut the fuck up!

Thanks. Feel better. >Sad

I prefer guys that don't come in a box.
Re: And now for something completely different...  [message #64730 is a reply to message #64729] Sat, 06 November 2010 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ray2x is currently offline  ray2x

Really getting into it

Another football story. UCLA's football team is playing very very very poorly. They are actually looking like they don't know or understand the game and this has been going on for the past 11 years!!! So I must tune into tomorrow's game and perhaps for the umpteenth time ask myself if and when I will begin to cringe.
It's nice just to vent.

Raymundo
Re: And now for something completely different...  [message #64732 is a reply to message #64730] Sat, 06 November 2010 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

Oops, sorry Raymundo...my father is a graduate of the University of Arizona, a big Wildcats fan to this day, and he's 91 years old! The game last week was not pretty for the UCLA fans.

Other than that, I am sorry to see Timmy experiencing technical difficulties again, and just as he began to post my new story. Be careful of your back, Timmy, remember what happened last time. Hope to see things up and running again soon!Smile

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Re: And now for something completely different...  [message #64739 is a reply to message #64732] Sat, 06 November 2010 18:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kiwi is currently offline  kiwi

Likes it here

Gripes? I'll give you gripes - Football! I hates it. I absolutely loath and detest and HATE the stupid game in all its varying shapes and forms, but especially in the format that has become New Zealand's de facto National Religion. We're talking Rugby Union here - that, in New Zealand, is Football, not that weird game played with a round ball, that they're not allowed to pick up and run with - that is soccer not football. That one is for soft-cocks actually, they're not even allowed to thump each other.

And proper football is not Rugby Union, not League and not Aussie Rules and especially not that strange game that the Americans call football, with dozens of players rotating on and off the field, all wrapped-up in pads and helmets and that no-one else in the world understands or cares about. No, the only football that matters to a New Zealander is Rugby and we are the best in the world at playing rugby, apparently - even though only half a dozen countries play the stupid game, (and half of them are in the UK), and even though we can't seem to win the "World Cup" - only ever did it once and even got beaten once by France. France!! Sheesh - who knew that France even had 15 people who knew how to play it and they beat us! That was a black, black day - but we are still the best Rugby-playing country in the world - we must be because we keep telling each other that we are.

Next year the bloody "Rugby World Cup" is to be held in New Zealand - Aaargh! It's already un-bloody-avoidable, next year will be hell on earth.

I don't like football.

Commas matter - 'Party on Dudes' is not the same as 'Party on, Dudes'
icon6.gif Idiots  [message #64740 is a reply to message #64728] Sat, 06 November 2010 19:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

"I gave it 110%"

Yeah, asshole, so you did. Wonder how you did that?

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: And now for something completely different...  [message #64756 is a reply to message #64728] Sun, 07 November 2010 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JFR is currently offline  JFR

On fire!

My current gripe (until further notice) is the dumbing down of TV promos. Why are we subjected to the promotion of the same programmes several times an hour for several days in advance? Do they think I am a moron? (And I generally only watch TV for about 90 minutes each day!) Is this a general malaise or a Chinese torture invented by Israeli TV magnates for local consumption?

J F R

The paradox has often been noted that the United States, founded in secularism, is now the most religiose country in Christendom, while England, with an established church headed by its constitutional monarch, is among the least. (Richard Dawkins, 2006)
Is this a gripe?  [message #64757 is a reply to message #64739] Sun, 07 November 2010 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
acam is currently offline  acam

On fire!

Yes, Kiwi, and black shorts aren't even see-through!
Love,
Anthony
Re: And now for something completely different...  [message #64769 is a reply to message #64728] Mon, 08 November 2010 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
attatood.too is currently offline  attatood.too

Likes it here

Ok, I know you said only one post, but the Queen has a Facebook page??? Seriously??? Hahahahaha... sorry. Had to. http://tinyurl.com/2uwarxg

I prefer guys that don't come in a box.
Re: And now for something completely different...  [message #64771 is a reply to message #64728] Mon, 08 November 2010 13:54 Go to previous message
DesDownunder is currently offline  DesDownunder

Likes it here

Well, my gripes, apart from the one about not being able to gripe about politics, are many. Griping comes with age, you see. Gripes seem to multiply by age as we get older, which may explain why old men are so grouchy, but the only real gripe worth entertaining is of course not being young for longer, if that even makes sense. Of course that would also mean we would have even more gripes when we did get old.

Perhaps gripes are really just an expression of wisdom, or at least its frustration.

DesDownunder

Call me naive if you want, but life without trust in the goodness of others would be intolerable.

Religious indoctrination: It gets better, without it.
Previous Topic: Suicide isn't a political issue; it's a human issue.
Next Topic: Janet Jackson On The Trevor Project
Goto Forum: