A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Fighting Intolerance...
icon14.gif Fighting Intolerance...  [message #64815] Thu, 11 November 2010 23:15 Go to next message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

I am always glad to find videos like this posted to the internet, although this one contains some very disturbing images.

I came to this through the music, having been a Graham Nash fan for decades, especially in this incarnation. There have been years of discussion about the meaning behind this song, but using it here seemed appropriate to me. Too many people HAVE died in the name of Christ, most of them killed by those who called themselves Christian.

Perhaps by shocking people with images like this we can instigate change because America and much of the world has allowed a culture of hate and violence to persist. The harsh reality is that I see no end to this path of self destruction.

[Updated on: Thu, 11 November 2010 23:16]

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Re: Fighting Intolerance...  [message #64816 is a reply to message #64815] Fri, 12 November 2010 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I come back again and again to the folk who will not acknowledge that this is a war. They have some banal semantic notion of what a war is without understanding that the rules have changed.

Today was the funeral of Brandon Bitner.

His school called the state police, according to local news, to prevent the students joining their parents outside and forming a human chain of respect.

Again according to local news, the school has forbidden students to talk to the press in case they give the school a bad name. But the facebook group reports that it is hard to give that school a bad name because it has worked so hard at that cause already.

But it's Ok. there is no war. There are probably not even local skirmishes of insurgency. No-one has been killed.... That is except those who have killed themselves, of course, so there is no bloodshed, no weapons, and no war.

Just rhetoric.

Calling us abominations is not weaponry, of course nether is pervert, or accusing us of fucking kids or goats.

No there is no war.

And, where those complacent souls live who deny there is a war, there is, at present no war.

I would like to mention Pastor Martin Niemöller here.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Fighting Intolerance... THE WAR.  [message #64818 is a reply to message #64816] Fri, 12 November 2010 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
attatood.too is currently offline  attatood.too

Likes it here

I still wholeheartedly agree with you Timmy. It definitely IS a war. For all those in doubt, here is one definition I found online:

war (wôr)
n.

a state of opposition or contest; an act of opposition; an inimical contest, act, or action; enmity; hostility.

NOW, tell us that this definition does not fit this situation.

-Peter

I prefer guys that don't come in a box.
icon4.gif Re: Fighting Intolerance...and to add fuel to the fire:  [message #64828 is a reply to message #64815] Fri, 12 November 2010 18:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brody Levesque is currently offline  Brody Levesque

Really getting into it

Re: Fighting Intolerance...and to add fuel to the fire:  [message #64831 is a reply to message #64828] Fri, 12 November 2010 23:03 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

And these people are allowed to vote, drive and breed?

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: New Anti-Bullying Message From the NOH8 Campaign
Next Topic: Pink Football Cleats,Homophobic Bias,& Implied Sexual Id
Goto Forum: