A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > The School that was attended by Brandon Bitner
The School that was attended by Brandon Bitner  [message #64862] Sun, 14 November 2010 17:38 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I cant; even begin to summarise the article at http://dailyitem.com/0100_news/x69913605/Some-move-out-of-district-others-mull-cyberschooling and the journalist who wrote it fails to understand that a lead paragraph is essential, so I can't grab it.

From the article it appears that the school is out of control and chooses to endorse a culture of bullying.

I am starting to get the feeling that this is not unusual in small town schools

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: The School that was attended by Brandon Bitner  [message #64865 is a reply to message #64862] Sun, 14 November 2010 18:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
attatood.too is currently offline  attatood.too

Likes it here

Although ALL of the suicides are tragic, Brandon's hits home with me and hurts every time I read something about it. I feel for Brandon's life of torture and bullying. He is now at peace. What hits home to me is what that truck driver must be going through.

August 9, 1998. 2:30 PM on a beautiful sunny day. Temperature was 31C as I drove my truck, fully laden with propane along the shores of Mara Lake in British Columbia when someone decided to commit suicide on my grill. It messed me up badly for a long while, and reading about Brandon brought the image to the forefront of my mind. Damn.

While those that commit suicide go through hell beforehand, many more feel the pain long afterward.

-Peter

I prefer guys that don't come in a box.
The driver  [message #64868 is a reply to message #64865] Sun, 14 November 2010 18:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I have thought often about the driver. I have seen reports that Brandon's family has spoken properly with him. But he will still be feeling awful. No-one mentions the driver. Brandon saw a truck, not a person. He embraced the truck little realising he would devastate an ordinary man or woman doing a job of work.

Take courage from one thing: This image was woken in your mind, and you identify with the driver. The same powerful imagery comes from the videos that people have recorded. When someone identifies with one or more of those there is a good chance they will stay alive.

You will get through your pain again. What we hope for is another kid to get through theirs.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: The driver  [message #64872 is a reply to message #64868] Sun, 14 November 2010 22:30 Go to previous message
attatood.too is currently offline  attatood.too

Likes it here

Thanks Timmy.

˙sʞloɟ ǝɯos sɐ uʍop ǝpısdn sɐ ʇ,usı ǝɟıl ʎW
I am still alive where others aren't. It needs to stop. What a waste.

[Updated on: Sun, 14 November 2010 22:31]

I prefer guys that don't come in a box.
Previous Topic: As if the pressure on gay kids isn't enough...
Next Topic: My father ...
Goto Forum: