A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Why?
Why?  [message #64922] Wed, 17 November 2010 22:55 Go to next message
kiwi is currently offline  kiwi

Likes it here

When i'm reading Chris James' Marathon Gold, why do i keep hearing this?

One summer, when i was a kid, i wanted to BE Luke Halpin - i bleached my hair and lived in long-legged, light-blue shorts. (Didn't work though).

Good story, Chris & thanks for the memories.

cheers

Commas matter - 'Party on Dudes' is not the same as 'Party on, Dudes'
icon7.gif Re: Why?  [message #64924 is a reply to message #64922] Wed, 17 November 2010 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

LMAO kiwi...

For those who don't know...Flipper was a typical children's televison series which began in 1964 and ran for three years(and countless years in syndication). But it was filled with mindless plots hidden behind good scenery, even the sand was more realistic than the dialogue!

But without Luke I never would have paid any attention to the show and had such a crush on his visage...we were the same age. He was just plain HOT!

Perhaps you emulated the look Luke gave to that barefoot Florida boy image. The nice thing is they still exist today...I see them every day. In my defense I didn't even consider the show when writing the story, but I'm glad you remembered Flipper. Thanks for the memory.

As always...Thanks for reading!

This is not a paid advertisement for the story (you did get my check didn't you, kiwi? yes, well it's in the mail) ;-D

[Updated on: Wed, 17 November 2010 23:55]

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
icon7.gif Re: Why?  [message #64926 is a reply to message #64924] Thu, 18 November 2010 04:37 Go to previous message
Benji is currently offline  Benji

Likes it here

Sad) OMG! I remember this, yep Luke was a crush, but so was Timmy of Lassie and Lucias of the Rifleman, along with Timmy(Tommy?) of the Musketeers program by Disney. I think I even fell for Whitey on the Beaver show!! HAHAHA! Thanks!
Previous Topic: The Founder Of Queer Today Discusses Bullying
Next Topic: This adds a new meaning to "A Brazilian"
Goto Forum: