A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Advance Australia Fair
Advance Australia Fair  [message #65028] Mon, 29 November 2010 16:02 Go to next message
kiwi is currently offline  kiwi

Likes it here

I really like this - a good news story. http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/4401507/Gay-Aussie-leader-will-not-marry

Aussie, Aussie Aussie!

Commas matter - 'Party on Dudes' is not the same as 'Party on, Dudes'
icon7.gif Re: Advance Australia Fair  [message #65029 is a reply to message #65028] Mon, 29 November 2010 17:54 Go to previous message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

Hmm, kiwi...a good look at two nice gentlemen.

I can't say I get much past the photo. At least they seem to be drinking tea and that's a good thing. The American image of "down under" is a can of Fosters in the hand of every man, woman and child. We can blame that on Paul Hogan, the John Wayne of Aussie movies, both men were bad actors and swaggering drunks.

But although I have absolutely no idea of what they are speaking about in terms of politics I do get the honest feelings. It's fine to support gay marriage for others, doesn't mean every gay couple has to get married any more than hetero couples chose not to marry.

But Brown and Thomas look comfortable sitting there on the couch, as if that's what they do all the time. No posturing, just a time of sharing with one another...how nice. Smile

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Previous Topic: Thanksgiving can be a time of extremes....food wise.
Next Topic: Awesome outlook on life
Goto Forum: