A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Hate gays, want to control women? We have an App for that
Hate gays, want to control women? We have an App for that  [message #64991] Wed, 24 November 2010 14:15 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

http://www.change.org/petitions/view/tell_the_apple_itunes_store_to_remove_anti-gay_anti-choice_iphone_application tells you all you need to know.

Please sign and pass on to your friends

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
sometimes Apple listens  [message #65007 is a reply to message #64991] Sat, 27 November 2010 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
E.J. is currently offline  E.J.

Really getting into it

"Apple Removes Antigay App
By Advocate.com Editors
Apple has apparently removed the antigay app the Manhattan Declaration, which called for users to fight marriage equality, from its iTunes store. The decision comes after thousands protested the company's decision to approve the Manhattan Declaration for download in the first place. Apple has been known to reject good number of gay-related mobile apps, which is part of what frustrated many gay consumers when they learned that an antigay app had been approved.

Read the rest here:
http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2010/11/25/Apple_Approves_Antigay_App/

(\\__/) And if you don't believe The sun will rise
(='.'=) Stand alone and greet The coming night
(")_(") In the last remaining light. (C. Cornell)
Re: sometimes Apple listens  [message #65009 is a reply to message #65007] Sat, 27 November 2010 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

We, those of us who acted, were a part of this pressure

I do not expect a response from Apple other than this removal.

I do expect the originators to bleat as if they were being discriminated against.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: sometimes Apple listens  [message #65010 is a reply to message #65009] Sat, 27 November 2010 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Apple seams to not want this to be noticed. They pull the app with no press release, over a holiday weekend (at least in the US), probably hoping most news organizations are busy with other things (like black friday shopping riots).

The bleating will most likely start on Monday.

Re: sometimes Apple listens  [message #65011 is a reply to message #65010] Sat, 27 November 2010 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

To be fair, Apple rips out so many crap apps that they don't have time to press release them all.

Re: sometimes Apple listens  [message #65040 is a reply to message #65010] Wed, 01 December 2010 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

E.J. wrote:
> The bleating will most likely start on Monday.

"The makers of the antigay iPhone app the Manhattan Declaration are demanding that Apple execs explain why their app was pulled from iTunes last week.

The app, which encourages users to take a stand against marriage equality, had been available for download for use on iPhones and iPads. But in a statement, Apple officials said, “We removed the Manhattan Declaration app from the App Store because it violates our developer guidelines by being offensive to large groups of people.”

more here
http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2010/11/30/Antigay_iPhone_App_Makers_Want_Answers/

Re: sometimes Apple listens  [message #65041 is a reply to message #65007] Wed, 01 December 2010 03:42 Go to previous message
attatood.too is currently offline  attatood.too

Likes it here

No Message Body

I prefer guys that don't come in a box.
Previous Topic: Thursday 25 November 2010 is not just Thanksgiving
Next Topic: Janet Jackson PSA for The Trevor Project
Goto Forum: