A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > DADT...can you hear me now?
icon8.gif DADT...can you hear me now?  [message #65046] Thu, 02 December 2010 17:02
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

I know the members of this forum outside the US are tired of hearing about the American miltary issue of Don't Ask, Don't Tell, but I have to comment for what I see as the current astounding response by the government.

For months now the military has conducted a survey of it's people asking if they thought repealing DADT was good, bad or in-between. The findings have now been presented revealing that the majority don't see gay persons in uniform as a problem. But it doesn't end there.

Our old nemisis John McCain (Senator Flip-Flop) thinks the survey is inaccurate and therefore invalid. His view is that it will effect the function and cohesiveness of those fighting in the Middle East because they might have to sleep and shower with an openly gay man (or woman in the case of female soldiers barracks).

I suppose my image of a stout combat ready Marine cringing in fear because some man, who may or may not be gay, might see him naked in the shower and eye his private parts is laughable. Kinda puts the word "manly" at risk in the armed forces. I can see the Taliban sitting around their campfire laughing at such insecure nonsense.

As to John McCain, is his stand so absurdly negative because the Christian Taliban supported him so much in the elections? His mental abilities have been called into question ever since he chose Sarah Palin as a running mate, and she is the darling of the American Christ-o-fascists. I'd say McCain is in the pockets of the large right wing money interests, he needs to drop dead tomorrow and make us all happy.

In all my thoughts on DADT I have come to the conclusion that it needs to end and if it doesn't....well: If this was a good time in the economy I would urge all gay troops to resign and leave the dim-witted military Christians behind as Taliban fodder. It is after all the Christian armies throughout history that Islam despises so much. I'm beginning to understand their arguement.
:-/

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Previous Topic: Brody's Scribbles... World AIDS Day
Next Topic: The World Has Gone Mad- Complete End To Innocence
Goto Forum: