A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Disturbing, but it lends creedence to the cause of bullying
icon13.gif Disturbing, but it lends creedence to the cause of bullying  [message #65076] Mon, 06 December 2010 21:01 Go to next message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

We are all in that state of mind where we want to see the bullying end in schools. But flaws in the support system LBGT kids need must become the focus if change is to be implimented. And then there is this news:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40529895/ns/health-kids_and_parenting/?gt1=43001

A major university study lends credibility to the issue that schools and communities are not standing up in support of LBGT kids. At the best of times police often create more problems then they solve, you won't find much sensitivity in uniform on the streets of this nation.

Bad parents, bad school staff, bad courts and bad cops all add up to a sick society, and that is what we have become.

[Updated on: Mon, 06 December 2010 21:06]

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
What would you do?  [message #65087 is a reply to message #65076] Wed, 08 December 2010 17:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
M is currently offline  M

Likes it here

I think this video shows what you are talking about...

What would you do if you witness a homophobic parent in public? The truth is, a lot of the times, most people would rather not get involved and ignore the situation. Nobody is willing to stand up for LBGT kids Sad

Check out the video for youself...

You don't love someone because they are beautiful, they are beautiful because you love them.
Re: What would you do?  [message #65088 is a reply to message #65087] Wed, 08 December 2010 21:22 Go to previous message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

I saw that the other day, and I often wondered how I might react in this situation. I do understand the privacy of family affairs and I suppose it might depend upon what I overheard.

If I owned the restaurant I would ask the parent to leave and frankly tell them they are not the kind of customers I want to have in my place.

At several points in life I have been upon the stage in front of thousands and have no qualms about public speaking. I might just speak up about homophobic assholes and wish for some poor kid's father to assault me. Even at age sixty I think I would put quite a dent in some idiot's ego since I believe if you intend to fight that you had better win...any way you can.

At this point in life I would very much enjoy beating the crap out of some anti-gay prick and let the lawyers sort it out. We have all seen too much aimed at the LBGT youth, and although I am not a violent person at heart there is a time to make exceptions.>Sad

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Previous Topic: The Family Acceptance Project
Next Topic: Update On Warren C. E. Austin's Health
Goto Forum: