A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > And what are they teaching our kids???
icon5.gif And what are they teaching our kids???  [message #65251] Fri, 21 January 2011 19:51 Go to next message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

I know California is considered a very liberal state, but this is absurd:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41194608/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts

All I can say is thank goodness it wasn't two boys. At least the principal appologized to the parents, that should make everything all right. I mean wouldn't you be happy if you receved an appology? :-/

[Updated on: Fri, 21 January 2011 19:53]

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Re: And what are they teaching our kids???  [message #65252 is a reply to message #65251] Fri, 21 January 2011 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I kind of find this story hard to believe. Naked seven year olds having oral sex? Excuse me? In class while it's in session?

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: And what are they teaching our kids???  [message #65253 is a reply to message #65252] Fri, 21 January 2011 20:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

I guess you've never been to California. the place is full of crazy people. That's why some of us have escaped ;-D

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Re: And what are they teaching our kids???  [message #65254 is a reply to message #65253] Fri, 21 January 2011 21:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Maybe it was a biology practical

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: And what are they teaching our kids???  [message #65256 is a reply to message #65254] Sat, 22 January 2011 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ray2x is currently offline  ray2x

Really getting into it

Certainly I'm not buying this. It's just too much to believe, as is Sarah Palin's explanation of her crosshair scope targets being surveyer's marks. But leave it to the media to once again bomb on the teachers. This will give the right wing faction something to raise against public education.

Raymundo
Re: And what are they teaching our kids???  [message #65260 is a reply to message #65251] Sun, 23 January 2011 20:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
E.J. is currently offline  E.J.

Really getting into it

ABC news has a little more information. Seems these stories are based on the allegations of a 7 year old who said she saw these acts occurring. That doesn't mean the stories are false, but I do think its interesting this was not mentioned in the msnbc story.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/grader-classmates-sex-class/story?id=12740519

(\\__/) And if you don't believe The sun will rise
(='.'=) Stand alone and greet The coming night
(")_(") In the last remaining light. (C. Cornell)
Re: And what are they teaching our kids???  [message #65262 is a reply to message #65260] Sun, 23 January 2011 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Generally such reports by a child are an indication of something entirely different. It is by no means a rule, but it often happens that a child who makes such a report is making a real report. but not necessarily about the people reported. They transfer the report to classmates because they do not know how to handle making the real report they might be making.

It may be that they saw parents or elder siblings in the situation they transfer to the classroom. It may be that they are abused. What is certain is that this should not have reached the press.

Re: And what are they teaching our kids???  [message #65271 is a reply to message #65262] Tue, 25 January 2011 04:58 Go to previous message
ray2x is currently offline  ray2x

Really getting into it

Agreed. I've thought more about the situation. But seems in California, the media becomes the judge and jury especially when a teacher or a school district becomes involved in questionable behaviors. And the pile on begins before all the facts are discovered. Hundreds of thousands of good hard working teachers get dragged down as well as the profession.

Raymundo
Previous Topic: Those who know NW's blog
Next Topic: Capitalism at its best...or worse...
Goto Forum: