A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > "Born This Way" Blog
"Born This Way" Blog  [message #65299] Wed, 02 February 2011 00:36 Go to next message
davethegnome is currently offline  davethegnome

Likes it here

I came across this blog the other day and thought others here might find it of interest.

http://borngaybornthisway.blogspot.com/

It is a blog that accepts submissions from gay men and women of a photo from when they were 2-12 years of age that they embodies the early beginnings of themselves as young and gay. In addition to a photo, submissions also contain commentary.

It is terribly interesting, both because of the diversity in submissions, and also because of the similarities of characteristics that people consider early indications of there homosexuality. Some submissions are particularly heart-rending, others are fun and light-hearted.

It's always the old to lead us to the war
It's always the young to fall
Now look at all we've won with the sabre and the gun
Tell me is it worth it all
~Phil Ochs "I Aint Marching Anymore"
Re: "Born This Way" Blog  [message #65300 is a reply to message #65299] Wed, 02 February 2011 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
M is currently offline  M

Likes it here

aaaww thank you for sharing.

what an awesome blog.

You don't love someone because they are beautiful, they are beautiful because you love them.
icon14.gif Re: "Born This Way" Blog  [message #65302 is a reply to message #65299] Wed, 02 February 2011 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
attatood.too is currently offline  attatood.too

Likes it here

Thank you for sharing this! It is an interesting look at people in years past and some are very cute! I enjoyed the read.

-Peter

I prefer guys that don't come in a box.
Re: "Born This Way" Blog  [message #65303 is a reply to message #65302] Wed, 02 February 2011 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ray2x is currently offline  ray2x

Really getting into it

I read through three pages. Very good stories. So many Latin boys! I found that quite interesting.

Raymundo
Re: "Born This Way" Blog  [message #65305 is a reply to message #65303] Wed, 02 February 2011 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davethegnome is currently offline  davethegnome

Likes it here

Well, the group of Latin Boys just popped up. After that group, I think there is only a couple more.

I've read nearly all of them.

Here is one that I found particularly interesting.

http://borngaybornthisway.blogspot.com/2011/01/matt_19.html

It is one of my favorites.

It's always the old to lead us to the war
It's always the young to fall
Now look at all we've won with the sabre and the gun
Tell me is it worth it all
~Phil Ochs "I Aint Marching Anymore"
Re: "Born This Way" Blog  [message #65309 is a reply to message #65305] Thu, 03 February 2011 06:17 Go to previous message
ray2x is currently offline  ray2x

Really getting into it

A good one indeed.

Raymundo
Previous Topic: too much snow
Next Topic: Extraordinary, tanned and delightful
Goto Forum: