A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Now I've seen it all....
icon7.gif Now I've seen it all....  [message #65320] Mon, 07 February 2011 22:29 Go to next message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

Perhaps this is in response to the shortage of qualified priests in the Catholic church:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41463109?GT1=43001

God over the internet, the Church has an app for that. Not that I ever took them seriously, but this proves how absurd religion can be. Curious minds would like to know, can you think of another religious app for the iPhone that would snare the masses?

Indulgences app? (visa and master card accepted) Communion app (how messy)...I guess they aren't worried about hackers stealing your sins. ;-D

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Re: Now I've seen it all....  [message #65321 is a reply to message #65320] Mon, 07 February 2011 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Do they sell indulgences?

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Now I've seen it all....  [message #65322 is a reply to message #65321] Tue, 08 February 2011 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

That's ancient history, but it was great fundraiser for Popes a few centuries ago. And when people stopped buying they instituted the Inquisition. Now there's an app for you.

I don't understand the world's richest church. From what I have read they are the largest land owners in the world and slum landlords to boot. With all the priceless art and precious metals in the Vatican City I can hardly imagine they need money.

But in their case: Greed=God

[Updated on: Tue, 08 February 2011 00:20]

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Back in the day ...  [message #65325 is a reply to message #65322] Tue, 08 February 2011 06:34 Go to previous message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

... this being before the Banco Ambrosio scandal of the late 1970's, which when played out to it's conclusion had very nearly bankrupted Vatican City, it was sort of a running joke in Ville de Montréal amongst the youthful Catholic cognoscenti that the Church had a lock on fast cars, fast living and fast women through its' apparent ownership of three out of every four corners in downtown Montréal (and likely a goodly number of other World-class cities of the times as well); this coupled with their ownership of the Swiss combine Hoffman-LaRoche, then the World's largest drug (and contraceptive) manufacturer and owner of Upjohn Pharmaceuticals amongst others, and whose assets became mostly owned by Procter & Gamble after its' divestiture; their then control of the Fiat/Lancia/Lamborghini/Maserati industrial complex. Of course these financial investments by the Church were only the tip of the iceberg; but, particularly telling they were.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

"... comme recherché qu'un délice callipygian"
Previous Topic: Priest Off
Next Topic: My Anniversary....
Goto Forum: