A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Fun stuff, an excellent source of history
icon14.gif Fun stuff, an excellent source of history  [message #65420] Tue, 08 March 2011 23:09 Go to next message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

Having always been the history buff, I was pleased to see this site on one of my voyages of discovery.

The Wallington Diaries have captured my attention today. A large piece of English history dealing with Puritans and witches. I thought some of you must know of this digital duplication project, if not enjoy the reading.

http://chiccmanchester.wordpress.com/

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Re: Fun stuff, an excellent source of history  [message #65421 is a reply to message #65420] Wed, 09 March 2011 06:17 Go to previous message
ray2x is currently offline  ray2x

Really getting into it

I had to read many Middle and Olde English during my college days. I wasn't an expert but it was an experience. Not bad for a Mexican dude.

Raymundo
Previous Topic: Gay Liberation Manifesto (1972)
Next Topic: Acrobatic gymnastics
Goto Forum: