A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Bullying doesn't always work out the way it was planned...
icon7.gif Bullying doesn't always work out the way it was planned...  [message #65486] Sun, 20 March 2011 14:37 Go to next message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

especially in this case. The results are laughable. But it seems both boys were suspended from school and perhaps a lesson was learned.

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Re: Bullying doesn't always work out the way it was planned...  [message #65487 is a reply to message #65486] Sun, 20 March 2011 17:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kiwi is currently offline  kiwi

Likes it here

Bloody good on him! He should've knee-dumped him while he had him down, i would have. But, it's admirable that he didn't really - just stopped the bully and then backed off.

What fascinated me was that no-one tried to intervene until it was over. They all just stood around watching, and filming, until the kid hit back, then another one stepped in to stop him doing any more. (Which he wasn't going to anyway).

Commas matter - 'Party on Dudes' is not the same as 'Party on, Dudes'
Re: Bullying doesn't always work out the way it was planned...  [message #65488 is a reply to message #65486] Sun, 20 March 2011 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

Stupid little twat for taking on someone twice his size. He was lucky he could stand up after that. Never try the patience of a patient man.

Hugs
Nigel

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
A Bit of Background  [message #65489 is a reply to message #65488] Mon, 21 March 2011 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kiwi is currently offline  kiwi

Likes it here

Apparently, what we see here was the result of three years bullying and abuse of this kid by a gang of little thugs and the school did nothing about it - until now.

The Principal claims that they don't have a bullying problem in their school. Twat!

http://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2011/03/casey_heynes.html#comments

Commas matter - 'Party on Dudes' is not the same as 'Party on, Dudes'
Re: A Bit of Background  [message #65492 is a reply to message #65489] Mon, 21 March 2011 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

That led me to this: http://www.caseyheynes.com/

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: A Bit of Background  [message #65493 is a reply to message #65489] Mon, 21 March 2011 10:25 Go to previous message
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

Thanks for that, Kiwi. I followed the links, saw the interview with Casey and read the comments.

It puzzles me that the majority shows so much common sense, yet we kowtow to the PC brigade. Of course that is another form of bullying, which incidentally is denied.

Hugs
Nigel

[Updated on: Mon, 21 March 2011 10:26]

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
Previous Topic: Amazingly in the world of Bruce Weber ...
Next Topic: Here's A Definite Shocker.... But Pleasant:
Goto Forum: