A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Anyone else see anything more on this article?
Anyone else see anything more on this article?  [message #65506] Fri, 25 March 2011 01:28 Go to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

The Irish Times - Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Charges initiated against Pope for crimes against humanity

PATSY McGARRY, Religious Affairs Correspondent

TWO GERMAN lawyers have initiated charges against Pope Benedict XVI at the International Criminal Court, alleging crimes against humanity.

Christian Sailer and Gert-Joachim Hetzel, based at Marktheidenfeld in the Pope’s home state of Bavaria, last week submitted a 16,500-word document to the prosecutor of the International Criminal Court at the Hague, Dr Luis Moreno Ocampo.

Their charges concern “three worldwide crimes which until now have not been denounced . . . (as) the traditional reverence toward ‘ecclesiastical authority’ has clouded the sense of right and wrong”.

[edit to remove swathe of copyright material. Snippets are fine, but wholesale quoting is not. - timmy]

FULL STORY found here:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/world/2011/0223/1224290630240.html

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

[Updated on: Fri, 25 March 2011 07:30] by Moderator

"... comme recherché qu'un délice callipygian"
Re: Anyone else see anything more on this article?  [message #65507 is a reply to message #65506] Fri, 25 March 2011 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

The story has been building for some time. I assume that it will now take a long time to go through the process that courts follow before being thrown out.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Timmy, I would hate for that to happen ....  [message #65508 is a reply to message #65507] Fri, 25 March 2011 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

... a good case could be made for his complicity as Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith of the Church (a position he continues to hold I understand, even though he was elevated to Bishop of Rome) in it's continued cover up of the institutionalized child abuse prevalent within the Church.

Upon assuming the position of Prefect, he could not have possibly not known about then becoming known child abuse, and it likely would have been his decision alone to continue the veil of secrecy about the whole damn thing.

HE SHOULD BE MADE ACCOUNTABLE. This regardless of whether he is a titular Head Of State, or de facto Head OF The Church, or not.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

"... comme recherché qu'un délice callipygian"
icon13.gif Re: Timmy, I would hate for that to happen ....  [message #65509 is a reply to message #65508] Fri, 25 March 2011 12:44 Go to previous message
Brody Levesque is currently offline  Brody Levesque

Really getting into it

Because there are not "War Crimes against Humanity" and sadly because as head of state he's afforded some legal protections & remedies, a legal observer in the Hague told me this morning that this will go no where.
  • Attachment: Sith Pope.jpg
    (Size: 24.46KB, Downloaded 328 times)
Previous Topic: I think the clue is in the link
Next Topic: Which way to the nearest Quantas booking office?
Goto Forum: