A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Westboro Baptist Church
Westboro Baptist Church  [message #65532] Sun, 03 April 2011 16:46 Go to next message
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

Tonight, Sunday, 3 April, at 21.00 hrs BST (20.00 hrs GMT/UTC) on BBC 2 TV there is a programme about the Westboro Baptist Church. Readers outside the UK may be able to catch up after it ends on BBC iPlayer.

Hugs
N

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
Re: Westboro Baptist Church  [message #65534 is a reply to message #65532] Sun, 03 April 2011 19:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I choose not to watch it. I can see bigots any time Smile

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Westboro Baptist Church  [message #65535 is a reply to message #65534] Sun, 03 April 2011 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

I chose to watch it, not because of its bigotry, but because it was an obvious bogeyman that was just a name to me and I wanted to extend my mind and have a basis to make my own judgement. The programme served to do that.

Hugs
N

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
Re: Westboro Baptist Church  [message #65536 is a reply to message #65532] Sun, 03 April 2011 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
E.J. is currently offline  E.J.

Really getting into it

Nigel wrote:
>Readers outside the UK may be able to catch up after it ends on BBC iPlayer.

not available in your area

hopefully, BBC US will broadcast the program. It sounds interesting based on the article.

(\\__/) And if you don't believe The sun will rise
(='.'=) Stand alone and greet The coming night
(")_(") In the last remaining light. (C. Cornell)
It would appear ...  [message #65537 is a reply to message #65534] Mon, 04 April 2011 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

... that as of this writing, whatever it was that the Internet Group known collectively as "Anonymous" may have done, neither of the Westboro's main domains (westborobaptistchurch.com or godhatesfags.com) are functioning; nor would it appear are any of the dozen or so others registered by Phelps and his crowd.

Whilst I applaud "Anonymous" for the brilliance in their taking down Westboro (and apparently keeping it down), I sorta have to question whether this has been a good thing, or not. We now have no advance warning of anything Phelps (and his extended clan) might be considering on doing, as in the past they were not shy about trumpeting their own horn in announcing their next bigoted endeavour.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

"... comme recherché qu'un délice callipygian"
Re: It would appear ...  [message #65538 is a reply to message #65537] Mon, 04 April 2011 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

If, of course, they did it at all Smile It might be the site owners pretending...

I don't mind not knowing what they are about to do. It marginalises them still further. But they are "good bigots". We know their agenda. They mean what they say and say it from the heart. They are not the creeping fascism in the USA today. Far worse bigotry exists in the hate groups rated as such by the Southern Poverty Law thingy

[Updated on: Mon, 04 April 2011 12:08]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: It would appear ...  [message #65541 is a reply to message #65538] Tue, 05 April 2011 04:22 Go to previous message
ray2x is currently offline  ray2x

Really getting into it

Westboro Baptist did not appear in Santa Clarita. There was a well publicized funeral for a local soldier killed in Afganistan on Thursday 3-31-11. I was worried that they might show up and cause an uproar. But the funeral and its procession through town was incident free. If any members of Westboro did show up, they might have had second thoughts of trying to protest. Maybe the Baptist coven were too late.

Raymundo
Previous Topic: So many Christians...So few Lions....
Next Topic: BBC- America's Most Hated Family (In Crisis) Westboro
Goto Forum: