A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > This kid made me cry...
This kid made me cry...  [message #66362] Sun, 04 December 2011 15:59 Go to next message
attatood.too is currently offline  attatood.too

Likes it here

I'm a fairly strong dude, but this literally brought me to tears. I can feel his pain Sad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TdkNn3Ei-Lg#!

[edited to add the embed code. timmy]

[Updated on: Sun, 04 December 2011 16:35] by Moderator

I prefer guys that don't come in a box.
Re: This kid made me cry...  [message #66363 is a reply to message #66362] Sun, 04 December 2011 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I need to work out if I should show this to a lad I am talking to who cuts...

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: This kid made me cry...  [message #66364 is a reply to message #66363] Sun, 04 December 2011 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

I know one too unfortunately, and that made me watch this a few more times since I shared it. I am torn apart.

He will make it, though  [message #66365 is a reply to message #66362] Sun, 04 December 2011 17:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: He will make it, though  [message #66366 is a reply to message #66365] Sun, 04 December 2011 17:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Thank you Timmy... made my day Smile

Re: He will make it, though  [message #66368 is a reply to message #66365] Sun, 04 December 2011 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
E.J. is currently offline  E.J.

Really getting into it

the video was removed by the user....probably because of the negative comments.

seams bullies are everywhere

(\\__/) And if you don't believe The sun will rise
(='.'=) Stand alone and greet The coming night
(")_(") In the last remaining light. (C. Cornell)
Re: He will make it, though  [message #66369 is a reply to message #66368] Sun, 04 December 2011 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

There are many hurtful comments below the videos in his channel. In the one removed he thanks people.

Re: He will make it, though  [message #66371 is a reply to message #66369] Mon, 05 December 2011 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

The text accompanying the removed video (cut and pasted):

THANKU EVERYONE -3
http://www.youtube.com
This video is so awkward lol but yah thanku everyone i cant e xpress my love through words i just.. Ong

-Peter

On his Youtube Channel  [message #66372 is a reply to message #66371] Mon, 05 December 2011 16:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

There are a lot of nasty comments. Very nasty, He has replied:

"Thankyou everybody. Thankyouu!! and to my haters who are saying the videos fake and nobody likes me. umm that video was made in august. and ive made friends with everyone at my school.....and umm look around i have 2381 supporters on my youtube alone... and calling me gay....your just reasuring me of what i already know hahaha anyway to all my suporters thankyou" -- December 4, 2011"

The channel is http://www.youtube.com/user/RandomTV201 which is separate fomr the channel where he posted the tearful and fearful video.

Update  [message #66373 is a reply to message #66362] Tue, 06 December 2011 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Wow, this kid made the news with this.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2011/12/05/gay-teen-jonah-mowry-says-bullying-made-him-stronger/

Re: Update  [message #66374 is a reply to message #66373] Tue, 06 December 2011 19:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dave is currently offline  Dave

Getting started

Hi, first time I ever posted on here,
am a litle shy I guess. But maybe, just maybe
if enough news coverage is generated, this
may change the views, in a positive way of a
whole lot of people.

Much love from Blighty,

D.G.
Re: Update  [message #66375 is a reply to message #66374] Tue, 06 December 2011 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

It will change the important folk. Those with entrenched views will never change. Items like this will change the minds of those who have minds to change. Those are the important folk. IN any area where one meeds to gain majority approval the 'floating voter' is the key.

icon3.gif Re: Update  [message #66378 is a reply to message #66374] Wed, 07 December 2011 14:06 Go to previous message
Brody Levesque is currently offline  Brody Levesque

Really getting into it

WASHINGTON

December 7th, 2011

Dear David,

While generating coverage is indeed an effective tool in the campaign to eliminate bullying and demonisation of LGBTQ youth and other persons, any and all of that coverage will have absolutely little impact unless the greater human population takes it to heart.

Bullying is an insidious disease that claims more victims than the person being targeted. No sadder and yet truer example of that would be Roger Crouch, right there in Britain, who was found dead hanging in his garage last week. Crouch was the father of a 15 year old school boy who was bullied and in his angst and torment, jumped of the roof of his school. 18 months later, his heartbroken father followed. Furthering the loss is the rest of that poor family.

In the case of bullying against LGBTQ youths and others, the problem frankly is that because of religious intolerance, oft times, silent acquiescence and licence has been granted to bullies because after all, LGBTQ persons are sinful and abominations.

There's the target audience David, sitting in those pews and around those dinner tables, all hearing that religious bigotry from these alleged men of God. This is what needs to stop, this and as the late San Francisco City Supervisor Harvey Milk repeatedly said, "You gotta come out." The key component is getting the populations to see LGBTQ people as just that- people! Living, breathing, human beings and not some abstract theological boogeymen, who are only wrapped up about once aspect of life, their using their genitalia. If the general populace doesn't get to know us as people, humans? Well and then too sadly, the right does seem to have more of an obsession with sex than the LGBTQ community does.

Change is very possible David. In Troy Michigan, the mayor made a rather unfortunate remark on her Facebook page about the LGBTQ community and same-sex marriage... which caused an overflowing crowd last Monday in a city meeting to blast her for what a majority of Troy's citizens and the city council members saw as bullying on the part of the mayor.

You're absolutely correct- there needs to be more coverage so that the folks I refer to as "Mom, Pop, apple pie Chevrolet and the Wal-Mart folks" see LGBTQ persons as simply human beings and not the enemy.

David, I cannot speak as to the situation in the UK, but many of my colleagues in the press corps there say its just as bad as here in the States. Once again, its religious types leading the charge I'm told.

Look- I'm not opposed to persons needing and having faith, not at all. But I am very opposed to this draconian mentality that a good deal of the abrahamic religious types foist on the populations and worse, the political spheres of influence.

That David, is where I and my peers are now starting to get the word spread- to the 'mainstream' as opposed to the 'pinkstream.' Hopefully, if we work hard enough at it, LGBTQ news will fold into just 'news.' My, what a pleasant thought.

Sincerely,

Brody Levesque
Washington Bureau Chief
LGBTQNation Magazine
202 556 0877
BLevesque@lgbtqnation.com
Previous Topic: So your friend is gay? Big deal!
Next Topic: Pulling back for a while
Goto Forum: