A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Whitney Houston: Supporter and good friend to the LGBTQ ...
Whitney Houston: Supporter and good friend to the LGBTQ ...  [message #66466] Sun, 12 February 2012 15:02 Go to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

... community dead at age-48.

As reported earlier this morning at netscape.aol.com:

Details emerge on Houston's death.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/11/whitney-houston-dead-sing_n_1270889.html?icid=maing-grid7|netscape|dl1|sec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D134940

I cannot ever listen to either Michael Masser and Linda Creed's "The Greatest Love Of All" or Dolly Parton's "I Will Always Love You" without uncontrollably tearing up and sputtering like a blathering fool. Such is the impact both tunes have upon me.

Both Whitney Houston renditions have become iconic anthem standards by which all others are measured.

I, AND THE WORLD, will truly miss this woman's remarkable pipes!

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

"... comme recherché qu'un délice callipygian"
It could be, and has been said ..  [message #66473 is a reply to message #66466] Sat, 18 February 2012 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

... that you haven't yet arrived (regardless of just how celebrated you are) until you have had your funeral picketed by those wonderful folks at the Westboro Baptist Church.; so it goes, it would seem, as reported Thursday morning at netscape.aol.com:

Whitney Houston's Funeral To Be Picketed By Westboro Baptist Church

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/16/whitney-houston-funeral-westboro-baptist-church_n_1283072.html?ref=mostpopular

Whitney joins a select few who have received this distinction.

How fabulous is that!

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

[Updated on: Sat, 18 February 2012 10:08]

"... comme recherché qu'un délice callipygian"
Re: It could be, and has been said ..  [message #66474 is a reply to message #66473] Sat, 18 February 2012 11:17 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

I like Westboro. I like knowing who and where the bigots are.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: Good weather for dog sledding
Next Topic: a few small changes
Goto Forum: