A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Forum Bugs - report here, please
Forum Bugs - report here, please  [message #66518] Fri, 16 March 2012 12:29 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

There are a few. One we know about is the odd "Wow, I'm back outside the forum" bug that happens at random times after (eg) posting. So, unless you can document a repeatable sequence of events that makes that one happen, no need to report it. Other bugs, though, please add as replies below. Tell us as much as you can about the sequence of events that made it happen, please.
Date of Birth  [message #66519 is a reply to message #66518] Fri, 16 March 2012 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NW is currently offline  NW

On fire!

In control panel>account settings I entered just my year of birth, which is 1955. It has for some curious reason decided to show this on my profile as Tue, November 30, 1954 .

I'd rather not try giving my exact birthdate, but I'm very happy to give the year of birth as age is important to some people. It isn't a biggie: if it's a hassle to fix, I'll just remove any date information.

cheers

[Updated on: Sat, 17 March 2012 00:02] by Moderator

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. ... Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night devoid of stars." Martin Luther King
Re: Date of Birth  [message #66520 is a reply to message #66519] Fri, 16 March 2012 17:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Repeatable, and plain weird. Tried it with mine. No idea about that one. We'll only fix that one with an update from the software source, I think

[Updated on: Sat, 17 March 2012 00:02]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Quote function  [message #66523 is a reply to message #66518] Sat, 17 March 2012 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

"NW wrote on Fri, 16 March 2012 12:01"

(incidentally, the "quote" function didn't work properly for me on this; I had to add the terminal bbcode to close quote by hand)

As far as we can tell it works now. A minor glitch remains with cursor positioning, this can be resilved if it persists by pressoing the " button when on a new line. That will either remain or go

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Error 403 - Cannot Register with Internet Explorer  [message #66617 is a reply to message #66518] Thu, 22 March 2012 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Very weird, but we have a repeatable error for users of IE that means they get an error thus when they try to register:

http://forum.iomfats.org/?t=getfile&id=1609&private=0

While it's obviously delightful that the forum filters out those unwise enough to be using a non standard browser, and it makes huge sense to get Chrome, Safari, or Firefox if you are on a PC, it isn't helpful, and we're scratching our heads over it.

Do dump Internet Explorer. It's crap!

[Updated on: Thu, 22 March 2012 08:45]

icon14.gif Solved Error 403 - Cannot Register with Internet Explorer  [message #66618 is a reply to message #66617] Thu, 22 March 2012 11:07 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

IE interpreted an unusual URL incorrectly. Go figure!

Previous Topic: Should we....?
Next Topic: "pussyboicumdump" - why does this seem to nasty and so typical?
Goto Forum: