A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > "pussyboicumdump" - why does this seem to nasty and so typical?
icon5.gif "pussyboicumdump" - why does this seem to nasty and so typical?  [message #66626] Fri, 23 March 2012 09:55
timmy

Has no life at all

I was playing on Tumblr, and I either found of imagined this user name. I never bothered to go and look. Why? Because it just feels nasty. And then I noticed more and more appalling user names, ones that disparage the very thing they seem to worship.

Then I looked at Nifty with eyes I've always used, at the tales I've avoided. The ones that despise the men and boys they appear to be attracted to.

That got me wondering. Why does anyone use such terms about the things they are naturally attracted to? And why is it so common?

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: Forum Bugs - report here, please
Next Topic: Zach Wahls Presents at the GLAAD Media Awards
Goto Forum: