A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Looking for good new stories and writers
Looking for good new stories and writers  [message #66652] Mon, 26 March 2012 16:31 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I no longer have the time I used to have when I would seek out interesting stories and writers. And we're looking for fresh tales from old writers or new tales, or new writers.

Some folk worry that their stories contain too much or too little sex "for the site", but the site wants stories that work, with sex or without it, according to the story. We tend not to want adult gay fiction, we like teenage romantic fiction, often erotic, but we make exceptions.

We tend not to want that Nifty classification of 'adult/youth' in that it gets distorted to 60 year old man with 10 year old boy. What we want if we take tales in that category are loving and nurturing tales, or tales with a moral message for an abuser, or real tales, that, if they involve an age difference like that, do it for a reason other than friction. If you want to get off on kids being abused, go to Nifty, or find a nasty site, because I won't take them here.

We tend not to like rape, unless there is a comeuppance.

We like well crafted, three dimensional tales that paint pictures, with characters we can identify with. And yes, there are exceptions.

http://iomfats.org/storyshelf/guide/submissions.html is a great place to start if you want to submit something of your own. If you have a favourite author, ask them to send me something: its_onlyme@iomfats.org reaches me

[Updated on: Tue, 27 March 2012 15:47]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Looking for good new stories and writers  [message #66696 is a reply to message #66652] Sat, 31 March 2012 17:38 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

I've had a few nibbles, which is good. These things always work slowly. Authors always like to polish their stories afresh before a final submission. But there should be some new tales coming online in the next few weeks. We hope to get back to posting 15 items a week again, but we have a way to go before that's totally possible. And we are always looking for new talent here.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: the book
Next Topic: Looking for Junco
Goto Forum: