A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Another campaign against bigots everywhere. You can help
icon7.gif Another campaign against bigots everywhere. You can help  [message #66717] Mon, 09 April 2012 08:31 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Unbelievably, the anti gay bigots are attacking Star Wars, The Game! I've copied the note below from the online site that intends to redress the balance with positive letters:

Electronic Arts (EA), one of the biggest video game companies in the world, and maker of the highly popular Star Wars: The Old Republic video game - is the target of a boycott orchestrated by hateful anti-gay groups. As we speak thousands of anti-gay letters are flooding their headquarters, threatening to push the company and its staff to the dark side ("Homos are ruining gaming!" wrote one boycotter.)

Why? Because they had the courage to give players around the world the option of including a gay romance storyline in their interactive Star Wars game.

I just signed this letter from All Out (and Master Yoda!) asking Electronic Arts staff to stay strong and resist the dark forces of homophobia. The more of us that let the company know they're doing the right thing, the more support they'll have in continuing to resist the dark side. Sign now, and tell your friends about this important campaign"

http://www.allout.org/theforce

[Updated on: Mon, 09 April 2012 09:21]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Another campaign against bigots everywhere. You can help  [message #66718 is a reply to message #66717] Mon, 09 April 2012 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NW is currently offline  NW

On fire!

Done and shared.

It's always nice to have a chance to support the (many) good guys who are doing the right thing - it makes a pleasant change from the endless grind of merely trying to obstruct the bad guys!

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. ... Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night devoid of stars." Martin Luther King
Re: Another campaign against bigots everywhere. You can help  [message #66722 is a reply to message #66717] Tue, 10 April 2012 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CodyM is currently offline  CodyM

Getting started

I went to the site but apparently it's been disabled by spam bots. Typical.
Re: Another campaign against bigots everywhere. You can help  [message #66724 is a reply to message #66722] Tue, 10 April 2012 21:53 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

It sounds like an unpleasant malicious attack by christians, doesn't it

http://alloutorg.tumblr.com/post/20842094391/allout-org-than ks-electronic-arts-ea-for-standing-up has their press statement

A screencap of the petition site is here:

http://forum.iomfats.org/?t=getfile&id=1621&private=0

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: What the well dressed gymnast is wearing
Next Topic: Article on homophobia
Goto Forum: