A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Kindle
icon1.gif Kindle  [message #67048] Mon, 01 October 2012 16:33 Go to next message
Pulsar132 is currently offline  Pulsar132

Getting started

Hello Smile,i thought I'd ask about the kindle.
Maybe someone here has used one. Readings always been a big part of my life. I've read more stories than I've had hot dinners. I was forever borrowing from the library and trawling the Internet. It's how I found your site. Being about guys around my age and where I was questioning it was great.
Then I found nifty, but that's not as good as here. Most story's are about sex. Whilst sex is good in a story sometimes but it should be what the story is about. I need, plot, meaning and outcomes, not sex every few sentences.

Anyway I went a bit off topic there lol.Has anyone ever had much luck with converting text files to work with the kindles? I bought my nan one for her birthday and I'd read a book or two whilst she left it unattended lol.
It's great. I was thinking I could download a load of stories and just read then when on the train and such, a kindle in bed is better than my phone or iPad. Which the backlight kills my eyes. Where as a kindle needs lighting and feels more natural to read.

I would experiment on my nans kindle. But knowing m luck I'd bugger something up and she'll have a gay teen story stuck on it. She's accepting of me... Kinda, but I don't think she'd be too pleased if that happened lol.

(edit. To make it more readable lol)

[Updated on: Mon, 01 October 2012 16:35]

I'll update with some wise words of wisdom when i can think of something....[/center]
Re: Kindle  [message #67050 is a reply to message #67048] Mon, 01 October 2012 18:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kitzyma is currently offline  Kitzyma

Likes it here

I've successfully converted books in various formats (including  pdf) to kindle format using Calibre (http://calibre-ebook.com/). It's available for various operating systems and free (though contributions are requested!). Results vary, usually depending on the original format (eg sometimes the ability to skip from contents page chapters can be lost), but I've always found the results to be usable.

The converted file can be copied to the kindle via Wifi or USB and it just works.
Re: Kindle  [message #67052 is a reply to message #67050] Mon, 01 October 2012 19:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pulsar132 is currently offline  Pulsar132

Getting started

Thank you Smile. Roll on payday!! Smile

I'll update with some wise words of wisdom when i can think of something....[/center]
Re: Kindle  [message #67077 is a reply to message #67052] Fri, 05 October 2012 02:39 Go to previous message
attatood.too is currently offline  attatood.too

Likes it here

Kindle is designed to read multiple formats including .txt files. Just transfer or email any text or .pdf file to the kindle and you should be set to go without any conversion required.

Peter 

I prefer guys that don't come in a box.
Previous Topic: A beautiful tale
Next Topic: Suicide
Goto Forum: