A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Normality and Safe Sex
Normality and Safe Sex  [message #67242] Fri, 14 December 2012 15:43
timmy

Has no life at all

Every now and then we find out that a normal, ordinary chap who just got on with his life also happened to be homosexual. So it was with the late Kenneth Kendall.

Kenneth Kendall was a bastion of genteel British TV, and his sexuality was never a matter of dicussion.

He was a campaigner in a quiet(!) way for safe sex:

"Quote:"
Cowes resident and former newsreader Kenneth Kendall celebrated his 80th birthday with a party at his art gallery in the High Street, organised by his partner of 14 years Mark Fear, 60. "It was marvellous. I even managed to blow out all the candles on my cake," Kendall tells me. "I think I am going to turn into a cantankerous old gentleman: I have warned everyone that I'm not going to do anything that I don't want to do, and I may well become selectively deaf." The 200 guests, including old friend Lord Montagu of Beaulieu, spilled out on to the pavement, before the crowd went on to finish the evening with dinner at the 1930s themed Royal Yacht Squadron ball.
Adds Kendall, who once famously handed out condoms during a Cowes week as part of a safe sex campaign: "I do think that safe sex is still relevant, and I dare say I would hand them out again - were I to be asked."

I like people like that.

[Updated on: Fri, 14 December 2012 15:44]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: Happy Birthday Drake!
Next Topic: Tom Daley alert!
Goto Forum: