A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Sins of the Father
icon5.gif Sins of the Father  [message #67336] Fri, 25 January 2013 10:53 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Obviously I like this story. For me Sins of the Father is N Fourbois returned to top form. The reason for the post is to draw your attention to the story and to ask your opinion of it;s having been posted as a single post.

What are your feelings about 'lumps vs serials'?

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Sins of the Father  [message #67358 is a reply to message #67336] Wed, 30 January 2013 19:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nick Deverill is currently offline  Nick Deverill

Toe is in the water

Lumps versus serials...

Tricky one really as it can depend on the story. I'd say the current posting pattern of serial novels for the most part, with the occasional lump makes the best sense. Actually, let's say 'complete novel' rather than 'lump' as the word implies something with no grace that just sits there.
Re: Sins of the Father  [message #67361 is a reply to message #67358] Wed, 30 January 2013 22:23 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

What seems to happen when the entire tale is posted in one sitting is that the readership tails off before it gets to the final chapter, and does that in the same time period that a single chapter tails off.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: What does a positive "story report" mean?
Next Topic: Reunited...
Goto Forum: