A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Fog on the Mersey by Jolyon Lewes
Fog on the Mersey by Jolyon Lewes   [message #67307] Sun, 13 January 2013 18:13 Go to next message
Kitzyma is currently offline  Kitzyma

Likes it here

This is a very heartwarming and evocative story. It captures wonderfully the spirit of time and place, as well as the gradual growth of love. The interaction between brothers, though mentioned relatively briefly, is described with an accurate honesty.

Pretty well every emotion possible is represented in the story, but it's certainly not overly emotional. Although I'm not usually so inclined, there was more than one point at which a lump rose in my throat. Having said that, it gracefully avoids being mawkish or maudlin and has plenty of drama and action.

Highly recommend!
Re: Fog on the Mersey by Jolyon Lewes   [message #67308 is a reply to message #67307] Sun, 13 January 2013 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Jolyon has just mentioned that we have slipped up and published both parts as a single chapter. I'll be looking at that and splitting the two.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Fog on the Mersey by Jolyon Lewes   [message #67438 is a reply to message #67308] Mon, 11 February 2013 14:02 Go to previous message
paulj is currently offline  paulj

Likes it here

Very much enjoyed this story. Brought back a few memories of my own.
Paul Jamison.
Previous Topic: Reunited...
Next Topic: What We are / Summer Heat - Richie Ryan
Goto Forum: