A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Whispers from the Past
 () 1 Vote
Whispers from the Past  [message #67169] Mon, 19 November 2012 06:01 Go to next message
griffin is currently offline  griffin

Getting started

I just wanted to let everyone know that the story about Brian... well, I hope everyone reads Whispers from the Past from beginning to the end.

It's a lot easier for kids these days to find someone to love. Back when I was in school, it was difficult. My family has never understood why I love guys & not girls.

I thought I had found someone to love me... but then he was a mean drunk, and I got tired of being thrown through walls & windows. Plaster & concrete is so unforgiving. Leaving meant having a broken jaw.

I'm still alone. No one wants me, and everyone is happy. It doesn't get better. The pain of being alone never goes away.

I hope & pray that those of you who have found love, or that special person... I'm happy that you're in love... I'm saddened that it's not me that you're in love with.

[I linked the story, hope that's ok with you, timmy]

[Updated on: Mon, 19 November 2012 09:09] by Moderator

Re: Whispers from the Past  [message #67170 is a reply to message #67169] Mon, 19 November 2012 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I know nothing of your life, how could I. But I know one thing. There is someone to love you. The thing is, like Brian, you need to look at things differently. Maybe then you will be beautiful enough and fit enough to be loved that you and he will find each other.

Sometimes stories like this, ones that have reality inside them and a harder edge because of that, teach us more about ourselves that we want to know. What we must do is decide if we will accept the lessons.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Whispers from the Past  [message #67174 is a reply to message #67169] Tue, 20 November 2012 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smokr is currently offline  Smokr

Likes it here

"Quote:"
It's a lot easier for kids these days to find someone to love. Back when I was in school, it was difficult. My family has never understood why I love guys & not girls.

Is it? Or is it just different for some?
I thought I had found someone to love me... but then he was a mean drunk, and I got tired of being thrown through walls & windows. Plaster & concrete is so unforgiving. Leaving meant having a broken jaw.

Seems things have gotten better then.
I'm still alone. No one wants me, and everyone is happy. It doesn't get better. The pain of being alone never goes away.

You're alone for now. Someone does, you just haven't met yet. Plenty of people are not happy. It can get better. The pain doesn't go away, even when you're with someone, it will likely be back. Nothing is forever, or, rarely is.

I hope & pray that those of you who have found love, or that special person... I'm happy that you're in love... I'm saddened that it's not me that you're in love with.

This proves you have the heart, now share it.
If it's writing stories, or meeting people, share it. If you don't, how will anyone else ever find you?

This story alone is enough to show you have a beautiful heart and soul.

[Updated on: Tue, 20 November 2012 15:37]

raysstories.com
Re: Whispers from the Past  [message #67636 is a reply to message #67174] Thu, 04 April 2013 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Getting started

You sure do have a way with words... did you know that? lol

Ok... how do you post a story?

Griff
Re: Whispers from the Past  [message #67637 is a reply to message #67636] Thu, 04 April 2013 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smokr is currently offline  Smokr

Likes it here

My bad, I thought you had.

[Updated on: Thu, 04 April 2013 19:25]

raysstories.com
Re: Whispers from the Past  [message #67639 is a reply to message #67636] Thu, 04 April 2013 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

"griffin wrote on Thu, 04 April 2013 11:45"

Ok... how do you post a story?

Griff

--
You email it to me and we talk about it Smile

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Whispers from the Past  [message #67640 is a reply to message #67639] Fri, 05 April 2013 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Getting started

Hey Tim!

"the boy who has no life"... "he who must not be named". I'm sorry, it just strikes me as funny. Too bad you're from the UK... I'd give you a BIG hug for making me smile! Smile

Ok... I got the web address... what's your email address that I can send you my story? I want you to know something though... I'm not very good at writing. Most of my stuff is depressing. And I dont write stories... I write my feelings down, and then take a few days before reading what I wrote... most of the time I think, "wow... that's good". I wouldn't even know what catagory it would go. And yes, I can't spell... lol!

You can send your email to me at:
griffinfox66@yahoo.com

Take care of yourself, ok? I'm here for you if you ever want to talk.

Griff
Re: Whispers from the Past  [message #67641 is a reply to message #67640] Fri, 05 April 2013 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Just click my profile. The email address is in plain sight Smile

If the story's good we can find an editor to work on the 'stuff' in it. If I don't like it I'll tell you.

Re: Whispers from the Past  [message #67642 is a reply to message #67640] Fri, 05 April 2013 08:09 Go to previous message
Nick Deverill is currently offline  Nick Deverill

Toe is in the water

Griffin

I'll leap in - read the words to the right here, http://iomfats.org/storyshelf/

Submission of stories well explained and made easy.

Nick
Previous Topic: Ruwen Rouhs
Next Topic: Dilemma - just recommendations or also comments with spoiler risk?
Goto Forum: