A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Bringing 'Em Back
icon10.gif Bringing 'Em Back  [message #67672] Tue, 16 April 2013 14:19 Go to next message
Michael-Kent Dobison is currently offline  Michael-Kent Dobison

Likes it here

Howdy All,

I've been pondering a question for some time now with little cause or reason to and I was curious as to what the rest of you all thought.

So here goes :-

QUESTION:
If you could bring back one person from beyond the grave for an afternoon of "Question & Answer" who would it be and why?

ANSWER:
... I don't actually know ... I had originally thought of my father - who passed on near 19 years ago - but when in deeper thought I'd realised that it could well be a very quiet afternoon since I doubt we'd have had very much in common. I'd also found out a few years back that my father was amongst the ranks of some of the worlds 'most Homophobic' people. So me being a Homo and my sister being a Lesbo I can almost conclude that it would not have been a pleasant afternoon over anything else.

So in looking over the years I think I have my short list of call-backs Wink
{:> Number One - Albert Einstein
{:> Number Two - Ernest Oppenheimer
Both One & Two would be for reasons relating to the Atomic Bomb.

{:> Number Three - Jesus (Given that History's accounts of days past are fact)
Not quite sure what I would ask but for no other reason I'd just be interested to see where the
conversation went.

{:> Number Four - Leonardo da Vinci
In my opinion one of the worlds greatest lost minds. Just thinking about what the conversation would hold
has me orgasmic Smile

It would be intriguing to see the rest of your answers Smile

Hope you all have a rocking Tuesday.

"And so the lion fell in love with the Lamb"
"What a stupid Lamb"
"What a sick, masochistic lion"
Re: Bringing 'Em Back  [message #67673 is a reply to message #67672] Tue, 16 April 2013 14:37 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

Intriguing. I considered asking the world's greatest despots a set of questions under a harsh electric light and with electrical connection to their genitals, but that seems too good for them.

I would like to know what was in Abraham's mind when he abused Isaac and decided to circumcise men.

I'm interested in Buddha's desertion of his family to go and sit under a tree and find some sort of enlightenment

Those who segregated India and Pakistan have some serious questions to answer about the massacres that were a consequence of those acts. WIthout research I think that is Nehru and Jinnah, but my memory may be at fault

In a few years time I'd like to ask Fred Phelps about his experiences after death and whether the pearly gates were open or closed to him. Of course that presumes some sort of afterlife.

I'd like a conversation with Alan Turing about the direction his pioneering work has taken a very few short decades after his suicide.

I'd like to talk to the many recent teenage suicides and get their answers about whether death was the right route on video.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: Half formed thoughts about genitalia
Next Topic: English National Junior Champion - Ballet 2011
Goto Forum: