A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > As I sit and read ....
icon9.gif As I sit and read ....  [message #17770] Thu, 20 November 2003 05:32 Go to next message
kevin is currently offline  kevin

On fire!

I have come to a story that hits way to close to home for me. I cannot even continue tonight.

An author has wrote something that has left me incapacitated for the moment. I always tell smith that he invokes emotion, and that is a mark of a good writer. This one has actually put me down. I am writing this with a tear stained face, to tell you how much this has affected me. to the author, you have my admiration. Even though for me it was very painful.

Many thanks to all the authors, now I am to spent emotionally to read any further tonight.

Love to all,

Kevin
:'-(

"Be excellent to each other, and, party on dudes"!
Re: As I sit and read ....  [message #17771 is a reply to message #17770] Thu, 20 November 2003 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
misplaced is currently offline  misplaced

Really getting into it

hmm ... wonder if it's the same one that hit me, the first day the polls opened?

i know there's that one and another author i've gone back and read twice now. amazing works.

i hope you'll be okay. you know, i'm here if you need to talk, but .. that rarely gets taken, heh. hugs for you, ok? ok.

my void does not want.

Re: As I sit and read ....  [message #17772 is a reply to message #17770] Thu, 20 November 2003 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

you can SO not leave it like that!

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
icon14.gif The mark of a good writer....  [message #17774 is a reply to message #17770] Thu, 20 November 2003 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yourbestgayfriend is currently offline  yourbestgayfriend

Likes it here

Kevy, quite obviously you were touched by what you read... a response to not only what was originally written, but several personal life experiences that have brought you to where you now are... unable to move on further because you have been wiped out emotionally.....

Hooray for the writer... he/she has done what they perhaps designed the story to do... reach you... but rather, I say Hooray for Kevin, who allowed himself to emotionally go to the point of being broken... to the place where his heart and emotion hurt... or were so involved that it took all your strength away... leaving you once more so totally vulnerable so as to be able to look deeply into your life.. your very existence.. and change who and what you are.

I respect writers for being able to write to touch our lives. I respect readers who allow those stories to change their lives... even more.

I wish I could hold you as you are in tears... to allow you to safely feel every thing you need to...even more, I wish I knew you better.

Hugs, Smiles, Warmth and Peace
BamBam:-)

Celebrate your life... embrace your love... Become intimate with your place in forever !!!
Re: As I sit and read ....  [message #17775 is a reply to message #17770] Thu, 20 November 2003 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tony is currently offline  tony

Toe is in the water

Kev
can we have a clue on what story you are talking about.Very Happy
icon7.gif hehe, i'm quite curious myself!  [message #17776 is a reply to message #17775] Thu, 20 November 2003 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

No Message Body

my void does not want.

icon6.gif I was not sure telling wich story was appropriate ...  [message #17778 is a reply to message #17770] Thu, 20 November 2003 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kevin is currently offline  kevin

On fire!

I bet each of us that have read them all (I have a few to go) have a top three. Maybe we could all share that?

For me, last night, it was the "Longest Day". But I will be glad to share my top three after I have read them all.

What are yours?

Kevin

P.S. To the author of story eight, well done. You touched me deeply (also their was several things in the story that seemed like it was written for me ... very strange)

"Be excellent to each other, and, party on dudes"!
icon6.gif Faves from the Summer Contest  [message #17779 is a reply to message #17778] Thu, 20 November 2003 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dartagnon is currently offline  dartagnon

Likes it here

Well, My Favorites were Summer Fire and Letters in the Sand. Both were touching and emotional and well written. I'm still working through a lot of the other stories and trying to get a fix on them. But, well, you know, time and tide and the same old story, the hunt for love and glory, and writing my own stuff. Hopefully I'll get through them all soon.

It's not the wolf you see you should fear, but all the ones he howls with. Don't be afraid of the song, but don't piss off the choir.
Re: I was not sure telling wich story was appropriate ...  [message #17780 is a reply to message #17778] Thu, 20 November 2003 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

i'm not sure either, but they'd be praised soon enough, anyway. Smile i can't wait to email a few of the authors.

my favorites were, also, 'summerfire' and 'letters in the sand.' the former was the first i read, because the title caught my eye.

great work and excellent job to both the authors. i also liked 'the longest day.' it took me a bit to read through it, and i ended up reading it twice, and it left me feeling melancholy, but also .. clean. it's hard to explain.

my void does not want.

Re: I was not sure telling wich story was appropriate ...  [message #17785 is a reply to message #17780] Thu, 20 November 2003 19:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tony is currently offline  tony

Toe is in the water

Maybe if everyone says their favorite more of the storys will get read. who knows:-) but my favorites were 1) Coming of Age,2)Summer Fire, 3)Letters in the Sand. i have read them all and they are all very very good but these three were the ones i could relate to the most;-)
Each tale is different  [message #17791 is a reply to message #17785] Thu, 20 November 2003 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Each cathches a different mood. Soe are descriptive, some longing, some erotic, some simple jerkoff material. But each deserves a vote to be cast

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: I was not sure telling wich story was appropriate ...  [message #67668 is a reply to message #17778] Tue, 16 April 2013 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arlen is currently offline  Arlen

Getting started

Ok it's 10 years later but I'm not at fault that I was born so late^^
the last couple of days I read some of the stories (not all of them Smile I still have something to look forward to) and yesterday "Longest Day" made such an impression on me that I actually couldn't stop crying...
I know..and admit that sometimes I'm something like a crybaby( but only if what I read is good... Embarrassed ....)
But this story, I don't know. I cried for 20 min. No really I did^^ and the best part was that I didn't know why!!! I didn't meet such hardships in my life and I also didn't meet anybody who did ( kevin I really hope that your tears weren't just that of sadness...)
I just started crying and I didn't know if it was out of sadness, joy or whatever Surprised
I really want to complement the author (^_^)/ I guess that something fundamentally was reached deep inside me and some walls just broke... and to accomplish that with words is beyond amazing Very Happy I hope someday I can read more of your work
Well there're still some stories to go and I will read your suggestions Smile
Happy to chat with you and maybe we'll meet again Wink
Re: I was not sure telling wich story was appropriate ...  [message #67669 is a reply to message #67668] Tue, 16 April 2013 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

"Arlen wrote on Tue, 16 April 2013 08:53"

I really want to complement the author (^_^)/ I guess that something fundamentally was reached deep inside me and some walls just broke... and to accomplish that with words is beyond amazing Very Happy I hope someday I can read more of your work

If the author check emails then their name links to their email address, sop please just email them and tell them. WIth luck they may also answer. Longest Day's author may well reply Smile

Re: I was not sure telling wich story was appropriate ...  [message #67680 is a reply to message #67669] Thu, 18 April 2013 22:38 Go to previous message
Smokr is currently offline  Smokr

Likes it here

Longest Day put me in a torn funk for a while. I'm not sure it has a peer, as it's length/brevity put it alone between a novelette and a short. So much packed into such a small package. It did that hurt/pain/pleasure/joy mixture to near perfection.
It and "Some Day Out Of The Blue" are among the stories I most admire.

[Updated on: Sat, 09 August 2014 22:27]

raysstories.com
Previous Topic: Dilemma - just recommendations or also comments with spoiler risk?
Next Topic: Parker's Love
Goto Forum: