A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Certainly bizarre, if true ...
Certainly bizarre, if true ...  [message #67701] Wed, 24 April 2013 11:38 Go to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

... and one of the reasons I have distrusted the platform from its' inception.

WARNING: Sharing This Image Will Get You Blocked From Posting On Facebook (IMAGES)

http://www.addictinginfo.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/0000-removed-content-1.png

Credit for finding this little travesty lies with our fellow Member "NW", not I; but, I felt it worthy of being shared with all and not a select few.

Incidentally, the good folks at Facebook who deleted the aforementioned image are the same wonderful people who deleted my "likethecar" and "thegaydeceiver" profiles and accounts because individuals were no-longer allowed more than one account (this not-with-standing that the user-names in question are two of three that I have registered at some 50-web-portals in the past 20-years, and in each and every case, in every portal, my "real-world" name and location is provided and not hidden) claiming this is a measure to inhibit cyber-bullying. Go figure!

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada
Re: Certainly bizarre, if true ...  [message #67702 is a reply to message #67701] Wed, 24 April 2013 15:19 Go to previous message
NW is currently offline  NW

On fire!

The thing that really annoyed me SO much about Facebook censoring that image (and penalising the poster) is that they seem very happy to turn an almost completely blind eye to the many hundreds of pages and posts that are much worse, and often illegal. Those actively promoting Islamophobia, racist views, homophobia, and misogyny & domestic violence, for example.

It seems to me to be a classic example of not being allowed to attack rich institutions, but perfectly OK to verbally attack (and encourage physical attacks on) vulnerable individual humans.

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. ... Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night devoid of stars." Martin Luther King
Previous Topic: Well Done!
Next Topic: Is love all one needs?
Goto Forum: