A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > What was broken is now fixed
What was broken is now fixed  [message #67769] Mon, 20 May 2013 14:15 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

A few things broke. javascript library we use and load from google's servers was updated, and the forum always loaded the highest 1.x version available - which worked fine until the library was updated from 1.8.x to 1.9. Now we request the highest 1.8.x version, and all is good again - and will stay that way.

So image embedding and any other weird things that failed are now unbroken

http://forum.iomfats.org/?t=getfile&id=1647&private=0

So I thought you would like a small object of desire Smile. It was embedded using the insert image into message body link that now works again.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: What was broken is now fixed  [message #67770 is a reply to message #67769] Mon, 20 May 2013 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

Thanks, Timmy.

Hugs
Nigel

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
Re: What was broken is now fixed  [message #67771 is a reply to message #67769] Tue, 21 May 2013 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dgt224 is currently offline  dgt224

Toe is in the water

Quote:
... Now we request the highest 1.8.x version, and all is good again - and will stay that way. ...

Well, provided Google (or whoever) doesn't manage to break anything critical with a future bug-fix release. (My first thought was that your confidence in the Javascript library maintainers is touching. Also, one hopes, not misplaced.)

In any case, the demonstration was a marvelous way to celebrate the forum's quick return to full functioning.
Re: What was broken is now fixed  [message #67772 is a reply to message #67771] Tue, 21 May 2013 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Well, one has to get javascript libraries from somewhere. The entire site is built on things from somewhere, you know. The technical things, I mean.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: What was broken is now fixed  [message #67773 is a reply to message #67772] Tue, 21 May 2013 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

You don't use Sun's (now Oracle) Java?

I've never followed your link to the Java Library so I wouldn't know without asking.

Link is apparently gone now, so it wouldn't matter if I had.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

[Updated on: Tue, 21 May 2013 08:05]

Re: What was broken is now fixed  [message #67774 is a reply to message #67773] Tue, 21 May 2013 08:40 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

We use libraries and other elements that are most appropriate for the functions we need. What matters is that no-one cares when things work, just when things stop working Smile

Previous Topic: I woke up to this, this morning, and simply ...
Next Topic: Star Trek TOS gay fanfic
Goto Forum: