A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > They say paper is dead.
 () 1 Vote
They say paper is dead.  [message #68116] Wed, 13 November 2013 01:52 Go to next message
Smokr is currently offline  Smokr

Likes it here

They say paper is dead.
Ha!

[Updated on: Wed, 13 November 2013 01:53]

raysstories.com
Re: They say paper is dead.  [message #68117 is a reply to message #68116] Thu, 14 November 2013 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I blame IBM. In the 1980s they were always talking about the paperless office.

In 1975 I worked in an office where the toilet paper was crispy and had the words

GOVERNMENT PROPERTY

on every sheet.

[Updated on: Thu, 14 November 2013 09:43]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: They say paper is dead.  [message #68118 is a reply to message #68117] Thu, 14 November 2013 07:20 Go to previous message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

I remember those days.

My company did the survey work for IBM for damned near 10-years in the late 70's and early 80's.  We won the contract solely because we were, at that time, the only totally  CATI (Computer Assisted Telephone Interviewing) house in North America. God how I hated those tracking (every three months) studies we did for them.  We were empowered to speak only to Chief Financial Officers, and higher, with a minimum of three persons per company, and walk the respondents through IBM's concept office of the future, dubbed SmartOffice; the rub, each survey, even with the computer assist, took more than an hour.  I suspect had our client not been IBM, and we'd been unable to reveal their identity before hand, we'd have have never been able to get anyone to agree to expend that amount of time on the telephone with anyone doing a telephone survey.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

[Updated on: Thu, 14 November 2013 07:21]

Previous Topic: New Postings
Next Topic: This news item absolutely sickens me.
Goto Forum: