A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > William by Kit
William by Kit  [message #68186] Sun, 15 December 2013 20:26 Go to next message
samsone is currently offline  samsone

Getting started

What a lovely short story.  Sweet and touching, it brought back memories of first love and far too many unrequited crushes and it had the ending I'd been hoping for.  A pure feel good story, I can't fault it, well other than the fact that it would be nice to find out what happens next but then I always feel like that after a great short story.
Re: William by Kit  [message #68188 is a reply to message #68186] Tue, 17 December 2013 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kitzyma is currently offline  Kitzyma

Likes it here

Thanks for the comments.
I'm very glad that you liked 'William'. The story is particularly significant for me. I have a special fondness for it because the first half is more-or-less true and describes some of my earliest happy memories.

There was a slightly older boy called William who lived next door to me when I was growing up and he was always very kind to me. He was my first crush long before I reached puberty, long before I knew what a crush was, and long before I had any clue about sex. One of my earliest memories from around age 4 or 5 was of his mum's rice pudding.

So writing this story helped me to remember some happy times and it's gratifying to know that it can evoke similar feelings in a reader.
Re: William by Kit  [message #68195 is a reply to message #68188] Thu, 19 December 2013 21:14 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

You can find William here. Do find it.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: The Question by Kit
Next Topic: The Circle rolls on
Goto Forum: