A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Reqest to sign Petition
Reqest to sign Petition  [message #68524] Mon, 07 July 2014 19:48 Go to next message
JonnyB is currently offline  JonnyB

Getting started

I've just received the email circular suggesting that we, as members of theLGBT community, sign the petition at https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/make-nhs-complaints-c ount

A working complaints system, both at individual Trust level, and on referral, the P&HSO, is without doubt essential. I question though why this specific petition is deserving of our support as members of the LGBT community?

I would also observe that IMO 38degrees.org.uk is not an organisation which has a high media profile. Media exposure is the only way a petition like this can hope to be taken seriously. A more effective way of highlighting a problem with NHS complaints would be set up an e-petition on http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/ where 100,000 signatures will cause the petition to be considered for a Commons debate.

[Updated on: Mon, 07 July 2014 19:50]

Re: Reqest to sign Petition  [message #68525 is a reply to message #68524] Mon, 07 July 2014 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

The topic of the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman cannot be raised on the UK government petitions site, because the ombudsman is a servant of the Queen, and is out of scope. Such petitions are rejected by staff at the submission stage. Yes, I thought that weird as well.

When LGBT folk are in UK NHS facilities it is an unfortunate truth that they face issues that heterosexual folk do not, not least of which is overt and covert discrimination, unlawful, but present. We had a recent TV documentary about older LGBT folk being discriminated against in care homes and other places. It is not that we get ailments that others do not get, it is that the way we are treated is not fair and equitable in all cases, and it is that the complaints process is flawed beyond belief.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Reqest to sign Petition  [message #68526 is a reply to message #68525] Mon, 07 July 2014 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

You would not, I think, wish this consultant to be treating you. Her Facebook track record is also interesting.

[Updated on: Mon, 07 July 2014 21:13]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Reqest to sign Petition  [message #68531 is a reply to message #68526] Tue, 08 July 2014 19:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

Is this women still practicing at that hospital; and if yes, why?

In Canada, at the very least, she would have been placed on "Administrative Leave" and quietly ushered out the door.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada
Re: Reqest to sign Petition  [message #68532 is a reply to message #68531] Tue, 08 July 2014 20:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I believe she may be, yes. I just recalled it from some time ago. This is not a lady I wish to share the planet with, let alone a consulting room.

Re: Reqest to sign Petition  [message #68533 is a reply to message #68532] Wed, 09 July 2014 19:09 Go to previous message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

Frankly, nor I.

On another note, I have noticed that I have gone from being primarily a Canadian, secondarily American to primarily American and secondarily Canadian, although I'm not sure about that one.  Why is that?  The Flag "icon" changed in the last day orl two.

Warren
Previous Topic: Self Assessment
Next Topic: Oh, Come All Ye Faithful
Goto Forum: