A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Assassin's Apprentice series
Assassin's Apprentice series  [message #67997] Thu, 19 September 2013 08:07 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I have just read, and it was a marathon read because the stories are so un-put-downable, this tale and as much of the subsequent tale as is posted on Nifty. I'm so impressed that I've offered the author a home here, and he has, I'm afraid, declined. So the links here are for the directories on one of the Nifty mirrors:

The Assassins Apprentice

Black Dragon Rising

I happened to read the second first, and the quality of the scene setting meant that reading out of sequence was unimportant. I simply had to read the first to find out how they got where they were. I must admit I've been avoiding the SciFi section because of the current fashion for werewolves and vampires. Twilight has a lot to answer for. These tales have led me to explore further.

The author creates an intensely believable world, though a few anomalies like 'Scotch" make me chuckle.

If you like what you read please do let him know.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Assassin's Apprentice series  [message #68740 is a reply to message #67997] Mon, 01 December 2014 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ricky is currently offline  Ricky

Toe is in the water

I just got to CH 24 of the assasin's apprentice. It suddenly changes direction with the addition of Eros doesn't it. It was very appealing until this point. Now I don't know if I'm even going to finish it.
Re: Assassin's Apprentice series  [message #68741 is a reply to message #68740] Mon, 01 December 2014 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I didn't mind the Eros. It is necessary for the future plot

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Assassin's Apprentice series  [message #68742 is a reply to message #68740] Tue, 02 December 2014 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ricky is currently offline  Ricky

Toe is in the water

Well I read on. It was a good story although I didn't like the bdsm extremes or the torture and careless regard for life it portrayed. But I'm going to read the second one, it did have some redeeming qualities in the end.
Re: Assassin's Apprentice series  [message #68743 is a reply to message #68742] Tue, 02 December 2014 09:57 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

It's not  gentle tale, but I view it as a good read. The things of which you speak are the reason I have not pressed the author to let me publish it.

[Updated on: Tue, 02 December 2014 09:58]

Previous Topic: Revival, by Seth Kirkcauldy
Next Topic: The Adventures of Howudino and Kashin
Goto Forum: