A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Hello All
Hello All   [message #69551] Mon, 04 May 2015 22:23 Go to next message
James Matthews is currently offline  James Matthews

Toe is in the water

Hello there people Smile

I just wanted to post a thread to say hello really. My name is Matt and I am the Author of For Everything You Are. which is hosted here.

So Nice to meet you all Smile
Re: Hello All   [message #69552 is a reply to message #69551] Mon, 04 May 2015 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
solsticeman is currently offline  solsticeman

Likes it here

May I be the first to welcome you to this corner of teen literary effort. I have so much enjoyed Ethan, Cody and Jake. I'm looking forward to following your work. I'm glad it's coming here.
Re: Hello All   [message #69560 is a reply to message #69552] Tue, 05 May 2015 19:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

Thank you so very much for choosing to join our family.

It has been said (somewhere, but I know not, or can't remember where) that neither parents nor their children are offered any choice in who their biological family will be with no reason why any of them should love, or even like, one another.  As an adoptive father of two boys in their early teens, now in their forties, I fully appreciate how wonderful and remarkable it truly is when we do have that choice.

[Updated on: Tue, 05 May 2015 19:39]

"... comme recherché qu'un délice callipygian"
Re: Hello All   [message #69576 is a reply to message #69551] Thu, 07 May 2015 19:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Toe is in the water

Thanks for the kind messages, and for the welcome. Yes my work is coming here slowly. For Everything you Are is a great little story I very much enjoyed writing, however it was my first so maybe its a little rough round the edges grammar wise. Hopefully I have improved since then with what's coming but FEYA will always be special to me as they were my first little fiction family Smile

Take care all!

Matt
Re: Hello All   [message #69634 is a reply to message #69551] Sat, 16 May 2015 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthew is currently offline  Matthew

Toe is in the water

Hello and sorry for the delay in welcoming you, i have been snowed under with work and also trying to get my own story finished, i haven't read your story yet, but t is on my list of things to read when i do finish my story and take a break from writing for a short time.

***Edit***

Okay i have to be angry with you, i had today planned to finish chapter 45 of my story and i sit here now at 9pm and realise i spent most of the day reading Everything you are and wow, what a story and i have to admit i assumed all the wrong things at the key points hehe (i suck at guessing plots it seems) i don't want to post spolers here, but apart from one event and i think everyone will know what it is, i loved the story and well great job and like someone else i want more, but like Timmy pointed out, i don't think it needs to be extended, although i think there is a way to carry it on, it is perfect how it is atm.

[Updated on: Sat, 16 May 2015 20:01]

Re: Hello All   [message #69643 is a reply to message #69634] Sun, 17 May 2015 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Toe is in the water

Haha, well sorry about that. But i know what you mean... many a day has been totally taken up with a story I was reading leaving me not doing the things I had planned for that day. Huh, the power of words!

I must say I am curious as to how you might want to continue FEYA, always happy to listen to any suggestions. Why dont you pop over to my site@ http://westcliffwriter.wix.com/story-site#!main/mainP age and contact me to discuss. Id love to hear your ideas.

As for the certain "plot" you mention? Yeah that got me A LOT of heat when it first came out. But hey, I was a novice and I wanted to get noticed. That's one way of doing it I guess. lol. I feel I have matured as a writer now and are confident enough not to need shock factor in my stories, and hopefully that shows, who knows.

Thanks for taking the time to comment and for the welcome Smile
Re: Hello All   [message #69651 is a reply to message #69643] Mon, 18 May 2015 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Quote:
WestcliffWriter wrote on Sun, 17 May 2015 23:55Haha, well sorry about that. But i know what you mean... many a day has been totally taken up with a story I was reading leaving me not doing the things I had planned for that day. Huh, the power of words!

I must say I am curious as to how you might want to continue FEYA, always happy to listen to any suggestions. Why dont you pop over to my site@ http://westcliffwriter.wix.com/story-site#!main/mainP age and contact me to discuss. Id love to hear your ideas.

As for the certain "plot" you mention? Yeah that got me A LOT of heat when it first came out. But hey, I was a novice and I wanted to get noticed. That's one way of doing it I guess. lol. I feel I have matured as a writer now and are confident enough not to need shock factor in my stories, and hopefully that shows, who knows.

Thanks for taking the time to comment and for the welcome Smile

--
The best praise is a reader asking for more. Providing that 'more' is often a major error. Leave them wanting more.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Hello All   [message #69691 is a reply to message #69651] Mon, 25 May 2015 03:34 Go to previous message
Smokr is currently offline  Smokr

Likes it here

It was a shock factor, true. But a good shock is often a memorable and worthy piece of the tale.
And welcome to the site, about time.

[Updated on: Mon, 25 May 2015 03:34]

raysstories.com
Previous Topic: Welcome "vince in love at 13®"
Next Topic: Disgusting habits ...
Goto Forum: