A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > A cock and balls story
A cock and balls story  [message #69750] Thu, 04 June 2015 16:55 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I've been shown that we have some important health areas missing. I've just added placeholders for Cryptorchidism, Hypospadias, and Monorchidism. Currently they link to Wikipedia articles, and not a lot else is present. That will change.

I was reminded that young teens who suffer from these things may face embarrassment, shyness, teasing and bullying. And that the issue of an undescended testicle may lead to serious health issues if left untreated. The treatment, of course, is to send the Cave Rescue Team in, complete with blue flashing lights.

[Updated on: Fri, 05 June 2015 08:07]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Somewhat bizarre outcome of research  [message #69751 is a reply to message #69750] Thu, 04 June 2015 19:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

As I did some research for the elements I wanted to add myself to the embryo Hyposadias article I found some interesting facts, not least of which were about the eventual surgeon I was referred to and my own penile surgery. 

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Somewhat bizarre outcome of research  [message #69752 is a reply to message #69751] Thu, 04 June 2015 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

Excellent.

I'm certain you'll handle each topic with the same dedication, discretion and compassion as other sensitive topics you feature in the Health section

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

"... comme recherché qu'un délice callipygian"
Re: Somewhat bizarre outcome of research  [message #69754 is a reply to message #69752] Fri, 05 June 2015 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smokr is currently offline  Smokr

Likes it here

May I suggest you add Phimosis? It can be completely harmless, or lead to the loss of the member. And many don't even know they have the milder forms of it until puberty or later, when real problems can begin.

[Updated on: Fri, 05 June 2015 05:52]

raysstories.com
Re: Somewhat bizarre outcome of research  [message #69755 is a reply to message #69754] Fri, 05 June 2015 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Quote:
Smokr wrote on Fri, 05 June 2015 06:49May I suggest you add Phimosis? It can be completely harmless, or lead to the loss of the member. And many don't even know they have the milder forms of it until puberty or later, when real problems can begin.

--
It's been there for quite a while now. 

Re: Somewhat bizarre outcome of research  [message #69756 is a reply to message #69752] Fri, 05 June 2015 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

"The Gay Deceiver wrote on Fri, 05 June 2015 00:32"
Excellent.

I'm certain you'll handle each topic with the same dedication, discretion and compassion as other sensitive topics you feature in the Health section

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

--
We now have one and a half articles created. Hypospadias is, well, half there. Monorchidism is pretty much complete. I'm indebted to Sahypo for the inspiration to create these in the first place, and for his writing the entire Monorchidism article. He's promising to add to Hypospadias, and to create Cryptorchidism for us.

The half? I did that.

The trick with this material is to make it approachable. It needs a lightness of touch absent in, say, Wikipedia. I'm glad to say that Sahypo has that touch. You'll see that in his stories, too. But that is a treat in store for the future.

Re: A cock and balls story  [message #69760 is a reply to message #69750] Sat, 06 June 2015 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark

Likes it here

Some credible information on them is better than none.  At least it's something to get interested people started on in the right direction.
Re: A cock and balls story  [message #69764 is a reply to message #69760] Sat, 06 June 2015 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bisexualguy is currently offline  bisexualguy

Toe is in the water

I am glad you have information about circumcision and the fact that it is not needed except in VERY special cases.  Here in the United States, most people don't know much about the uncircumcised penis.  I learned how to masturbate/jack off/wank/etc between age six and seven, and at first I had a fold of skin at the back of the glans holding my foreskin to the glans.  As I jacked more, more of it came loose, and the last bit came loose at age nine. 
But greedy doctors in the US push for most boys to be circumcised, and don't teach that often it may be as late as puberty when the last of the skin separates completely from the glans. The lack of care instructions for uncircumcised boys causes a lot of not necessary circumcisions later in life, because people don't know, generally, in the US about uncut cocks.
Re: A cock and balls story  [message #69765 is a reply to message #69760] Sat, 06 June 2015 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

"Mark wrote on Sat, 06 June 2015 03:05"
Some credible information on them is better than none.  At least it's something to get interested people started on in the right direction.

--
The Hypospadias and Monorchidism pages are now much larger. Cryptorchidism awaits development

Re: A cock and balls story  [message #69766 is a reply to message #69764] Sat, 06 June 2015 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Quote:
bisexualguy wrote on Sat, 06 June 2015 08:14I am glad you have information about circumcision and the fact that it is not needed except in VERY special cases.  Here in the United States, most people don't know much about the uncircumcised penis.  I learned how to masturbate/jack off/wank/etc between age six and seven, and at first I had a fold of skin at the back of the glans holding my foreskin to the glans.  As I jacked more, more of it came loose, and the last bit came loose at age nine. 
But greedy doctors in the US push for most boys to be circumcised, and don't teach that often it may be as late as puberty when the last of the skin separates completely from the glans. The lack of care instructions for uncircumcised boys causes a lot of not necessary circumcisions later in life, because people don't know, generally, in the US about uncut cocks.

--
It does, sometimes, become the sole remedy for a penile ailment. Sometimes the prepuce itself is a valuable piece of tissue for a graft, such as repair of hypospadias. Sometimes we must accept that circumcision is right.

The key is that this must be true, informed consent, something an infant is incapable of giving, and, generally, something the parents are incompetent to give either.

Re: A cock and balls story  [message #69767 is a reply to message #69766] Sat, 06 June 2015 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

And now Cryptorchidism is developed.

New topics involving male sexual health are always welcome.

Re: A cock and balls story  [message #69769 is a reply to message #69750] Sat, 06 June 2015 16:17 Go to previous message
Matthew is currently offline  Matthew

Toe is in the water

Growing up was difficult for me, out of everyone i knew, being close to my brother and two cousins, i was the only circumcised one out everyone, so i was very self conscious about being naked around others (although later i got no choice about that with two certain people, but that is another story altogether)

It wasn't until that other stuff that i realised that i only had one testicle as well and let me tell you, that public showers and using urinals became a massive no no for me at that point, maybe one of those things i could of got over at the time, but both and the fact i was too embarrassed to ever ask about it was probably the perfect mixture for certain people to take advantage of me (which two did) 

Another thing i developed was a sort of rash in my groin area, sort of where your thighs meet your groin, so when i got hot or sweat it would cause the skin to get all itchy and sore, which just added to the feeling that i wasn't normal and it was too embarrassing for me to ask for help or see a doctor, it's not so bad now though (i'm 31 now, but it started when i was around 12 or 13) 

So i had those problems to deal with, although when i was around 16-17 i felt a lump in my groin on the right side and got really worried, but again i had had years of being too embarrassed to seek help and just sort of blocked the worry and concern out and after a while i sort of got braver and a little hpeful, i mean i always dreamed of having two balls and i started trying to massage it down and after a few painful attempts it worked and suddenly i had two balls, although it kept popping back up to hide, it was i guess underdeveloped but over the years it got a little bigger and stays where it should now.

But reading about it now, i wish i went to the doctors when i was a kid, definitely wish i got the rash/skin thing sorted and especially wish i saw a doctor about finding my undecended testicle (i had no idea what a undescended testicle was until i was like 20) i am very good at denial and protecting myself from truths that might hurt me.

At 31 now i am somewhat a bit of a mess and been through things i shouldn't have as a kid, but i am still going and while life sucks royally at times, it could be worse and i have found writing to be a good outlet and relaxing, it;s one of the reasons i started and since i started writing Matt Summers, i have been a lot happier than i was feeling, the first half of last year was the hardest to get through in my entire life, still not sure how i survived the things going through my head, but i did and I'm happier now (although i wish i would learn to stop rambling hehe)
Previous Topic: I'm thinking it's perhaps time to retire the thread "Total Inspiration".
Next Topic: Flags
Goto Forum: