A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > It Gets Better Project
It Gets Better Project  [message #69793] Mon, 08 June 2015 20:02 Go to next message
ChrisR is currently offline  ChrisR

Likes it here

A short news clip on the It Gets Better project start can be found (I hope!) at:

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/dan-savage-on-the-genesis-of-i t-gets-better/

(Please note that the system seems to be inserting a random space between "i" and "t" that you'll have to get rid of. Sorry, but not able to fix it from here.)
Re: It Gets Better Project  [message #69794 is a reply to message #69793] Mon, 08 June 2015 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

The system works best when you use the link tool to add a hyperlink to a set of words.

IGBP is a remarkable thing. Millions of folk worldwide, me included, created videos. They made a difference in surprising ways. People have seen mine who are social contacts and real life friends and have started to understand about homosexuality not being a choice, of being, suddenly, for a teenager, the worst of all possible worlds until they start to understand themselves. They have learned of the despair. And they and I have discussed it in depth over wine.

They have grandchildren, early and pre teenage grandchildren. Those boys will learn that they are loved unconditionally whether they bring home a girlfriend of a boyfriend.

I edit Wikipedia. My video has made a difference to others in that weird world. I know because they have told me it has.

I do not know if it has made a difference to a suicidal person. I imagine it may have done. That community will not tell me.

Make one, those who have not. If you are able, use your real name. Every video makes a difference somewhere. You are just unlikely to know to whom. I am surprised I know some of the folk for whom mine has made a difference.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: It Gets Better Project  [message #69795 is a reply to message #69794] Mon, 08 June 2015 21:26 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

Look, too, at our archives. Search the forum for the It Gets Better Project. You will find this thread. I'm sure there are others.

Some of those older videos have gone, others have suddenly been marked as private. Ah well.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: Sex: When is it sex, when is it abuse?
Next Topic: A funny picture
Goto Forum: