A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > The Fosters
The Fosters  [message #69811] Fri, 19 June 2015 22:33 Go to next message
ChrisR is currently offline  ChrisR

Likes it here

I'm curious if The Fosters is showing anywhere outside the US (ABC Television). It has garnered quite a bit of discussion and controversy over its depiction of a foster family led by a female married couple. Now that one of the foster children, a 14-year-old boy, has himself a boyfriend at school, the discussion is somewhat heating up. The episode in which the two boys first kissed has been recognized as the youngest same-gender kiss ever televised.

It's amusing, though certainly not unexpected, that in all of the press interviews one of the boys is identified as an actor and "very heterosexual"!
Re: The Fosters  [message #69813 is a reply to message #69811] Sat, 20 June 2015 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

You're sporting the flag of the day "France" it would appear.

The Fosters is likely airing here in Canada in tandem with its' being shown in the U.S.  Not at all certain which network would be carrying it as I'll not be watching it; nor, have I watched the transgendered series or other family comedy featuring gay characters as either their format or subject doesn't appeal to me.

I will be tuning in to Kingdom, season 2 when it airs in September, featuring a returning Nick Jonas as the young gay boxer who's yet to come out to his family.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

[Updated on: Sun, 21 June 2015 18:40]

"... comme recherché qu'un délice callipygian"
Just because...  [message #69814 is a reply to message #69813] Sat, 20 June 2015 21:59 Go to previous message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

I went looking to see which network in Canada is carrying THE FOSTERS.

It would appear that they're not; although the specialty cable channel ABCSpark is carried by several of the national cable companies and a few of the regional distributors.  It is available in Toronto through Rogers Communications, and I could view the programme if I were inclined to.

This is what GlobalTV News had to say about the same-sex kiss:

'The Fosters' breaks ground with same-sex kiss between young characters

Global is the third largest national television network in Canada after the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) and CTV; and owned by Shaw Media, Canada's second largest national cable network after Rogers Communications.

ABCSpark, the specialty cable channel is owned by Corus Entertainment, Canada's fourth largest television media combine after Bell Media, Shaw Media and Rogers Communications.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

[Updated on: Sat, 20 June 2015 22:03]

"... comme recherché qu'un délice callipygian"
Previous Topic: The Solstice
Next Topic: posting avatar
Goto Forum: