A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Naked Prey by George Gauthier
Naked Prey by George Gauthier  [message #71969] Fri, 14 October 2016 10:30 Go to next message
ivor slipper is currently offline  ivor slipper

Likes it here

Just wanted to say how much I am enjoying these vignettes. An engaging mix of historical facts, doubtless diligently researched, into which is inserted a very likeable fictional character - not to forget a considerable amount of 'action'.

Very much recommended.
Re: Naked Prey by George Gauthier  [message #72132 is a reply to message #71969] Wed, 16 November 2016 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
George is currently offline  George

Getting started

Thanks for the kind words. A number of readers have written directly and told me much the same, so I am pleased with the reception these tales have received, with the exception of one critic who thought the Naked Prey stories were too repetitious, the same story told over and over. Admittedly they are all written to the same formula: one or more cute twinks on the run from danger while bare-ass naked, but each does have its own setting, challenge, and plot. If I have a favorite among these tales is "Source of the Nile."

George Gauthier
Re: Naked Prey by George Gauthier  [message #72133 is a reply to message #72132] Wed, 16 November 2016 14:01 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

Mills and Boon / Harlequin have stories which are all the same formula, and are very successful because of the inherent concept of boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy has to go on an impossible quest, boy finally gets girl.

I spotted a couple of quasi-identical paragraphs in the later vignettes, but they are vignettes not a serial. Thus that matters not at all.

The formula works.

Much like a Columbo plot, we know, broadly, what is coming. The fun is in the unfolding of the events that are to come.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: Lancelot and the Big Bang, by Rick Beck
Next Topic: Looking for a story.
Goto Forum: