A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Lancelot and the Big Bang, by Rick Beck
Lancelot and the Big Bang, by Rick Beck  [message #72054] Mon, 31 October 2016 06:33 Go to next message
bisexualguy is currently offline  bisexualguy

Toe is in the water

This is a great story.  I am liking how the two guys, so very different, are gradually forging a friendship.  

I have sometimes seen such friendships form in real life.  At this point the story is very believable and well written.  Way to go, Rick!
Re: Lancelot and the Big Bang, by Rick Beck  [message #72056 is a reply to message #72054] Mon, 31 October 2016 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bisexualguy is currently offline  bisexualguy

Toe is in the water

Forgot to give the story link.  Here is the link to the first chapter:

http://iomfats.org/storyshelf/hosted/beck/lancelot-and-the-b ig-bang/01.html
Re: Lancelot and the Big Bang, by Rick Beck  [message #72058 is a reply to message #72056] Tue, 01 November 2016 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
William King is currently offline  William King

Toe is in the water

Bang certainly is not the easiest person to get along with. Lance, on the otherhand, is pretty cool for a 'jock'. Love the interaction between these two characters and it's got me hooked.
Re: Lancelot and the Big Bang, by Rick Beck  [message #72060 is a reply to message #72058] Tue, 01 November 2016 17:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Toe is in the water

REVIEW.
The two principal characters of this story, Bang and Lance, start out thrown together by circumstances and they don't fit together easily. If you believe the theory that opposites attract, you might just find yourself re-thinking that a bit. The conversations between these two guys from different worlds, that only share being at the same college as the common denominator, are reminiscent of a hard-fought tennis match, sparring for every point. Triumph through adversity probably best describes their struggle with themselves, their histories and their future.

It's a well paced story that picks you up and carries you along for the ride. You will probably end up liking the characters just as much as I have, and the story is painted with a fine brush revealing wonderful details in the telling. I can't wait to read the final chapter.
Re: Lancelot and the Big Bang, by Rick Beck  [message #72067 is a reply to message #72054] Wed, 02 November 2016 10:33 Go to previous message

Toe is in the water

"I can't wait to read the final chapter." I wasn't disappointed, superb story, great ending!
Previous Topic: Hiraeth by Huw Jones
Next Topic: Naked Prey by George Gauthier
Goto Forum: