A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Humility - A Great Leveller.
Humility - A Great Leveller.  [message #72542] Sat, 11 February 2017 03:16 Go to next message
Jackboy is currently offline  Jackboy

Toe is in the water

OMG I thought tonight, as I looked through my new friend's portfolio of Stories. There are at least six Groupings or large stories, with ten
or more chapters and Oh my are they stories. I hope all the other writers of beautiful works, under who's fatal charms I succumbed will
understand my doing this. I need to set a record straight, to undo an injustice - at least as I see it.

I have spent much of this week communicating with an amazing person, and never once did my silly blonde head enquire, or realise that
this person who had always spoke about my own work was in fact not only a writer in his own right; but in my view and that of many others,
And a damned good one at that.

The writer I refer to has an attention and knowledge of subject that is beyond so many producers of pulp fiction.
There ARE some writers and Ghost writers, who appear to enjoy vast Publishers Advances - yet don't enjoy a fraction of the knowledge of subject,
and an eye for detail, as those who write for pleasure. Again- this person is one such writer for pleasure.

And so I stand (or sit) justly humbled. His stories are moving and not just because of the cars element. (Pun intended).
And like Jolyon and lots of others here The Writer above has so many other emotion pullers and features that make me want to
keep returning to the same story or chapter.

And so tonight, when I finally realised what had happened The huge lump grew and moved up my throat, and the screen became mistier
and harder to see. Humility is a great leveller and I hope GERON KEES will forgive me, for my vanity and ignorance.

Jack.
A friend of yours.
Re: Humility - A Great Leveller.  [message #72548 is a reply to message #72542] Sun, 12 February 2017 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Geron Kees is currently offline  Geron Kees

Likes it here

Quote:
Jackboy wrote on Sat, 11 February 2017 03:16OMG I thought tonight, as I looked through my new friend's portfolio of Stories. There are at least six Groupings or large stories, with ten
or more chapters and Oh my are they stories. I hope all the other writers of beautiful works, under who's fatal charms I succumbed will
understand my doing this. I need to set a record straight, to undo an injustice - at least as I see it.

I have spent much of this week communicating with an amazing person, and never once did my silly blonde head enquire, or realise that
this person who had always spoke about my own work was in fact not only a writer in his own right; but in my view and that of many others,
And a damned good one at that.

The writer I refer to has an attention and knowledge of subject that is beyond so many producers of pulp fiction.
There ARE some writers and Ghost writers, who appear to enjoy vast Publishers Advances - yet don't enjoy a fraction of the knowledge of subject,
and an eye for detail, as those who write for pleasure. Again- this person is one such writer for pleasure.

And so I stand (or sit) justly humbled. His stories are moving and not just because of the cars element. (Pun intended).
And like Jolyon and lots of others here The Writer above has so many other emotion pullers and features that make me want to
keep returning to the same story or chapter.

And so tonight, when I finally realised what had happened The huge lump grew and moved up my throat, and the screen became mistier
and harder to see. Humility is a great leveller and I hope GERON KEES will forgive me, for my vanity and ignorance.

Jack.
A friend of yours.

--
Hi Jack,

Well, that was very kind of you. I have been enjoying your verses, too. I liked the newest one about your godson, Riley. Certainly, you have some gift for rhyme.

There is absolutely nothing to forgive. I think you have as much right to take pride in the things you create as any other writer on this site. We are not into comparing, here, we are into sharing.

So I suggest you get busy and write some more things, and I will get busy and write some more things, and then we can both read some things.

Makes me happy. How about you?

Beste wensen,

Geron
icon10.gif Re: Humility - A Great Leveller.  [message #72550 is a reply to message #72548] Sun, 12 February 2017 12:12 Go to previous message
Jackboy is currently offline  Jackboy

Toe is in the water

HAHAHA

Thank you Geron good advice and yes - That makes me very happy too.

All the best
Jack

(Busy writing)
Previous Topic: My Giggling Boy.
Next Topic: The little Cat Charmer.
Goto Forum: