A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Fearless, by Cynus
Fearless, by Cynus  [message #73391] Tue, 12 September 2017 03:27 Go to next message
Bisexual_Guy is currently offline  Bisexual_Guy

Likes it here

I am so glad to see this great tale appearing here!  Clint is not your normal main character.  His Dad is not a normal Dad, and I bet his sister is not a normal sister.  We shall see.
Re: Fearless, by Cynus  [message #73393 is a reply to message #73391] Tue, 12 September 2017 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andichan is currently offline  Andichan

Getting started

I couldn't agree more. It had me laughing as I could actually see it happening.

Andy.
Re: Fearless, by Cynus  [message #73396 is a reply to message #73393] Thu, 14 September 2017 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark

Likes it here

I just finished chapter 2, and I also am finding the story to be very well-written.  If this is any indication of what Cynus can do (and I'm sure it is), he'll definitely have a future as a professional writer.
Re: Fearless, by Cynus  [message #73398 is a reply to message #73391] Thu, 14 September 2017 19:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I am very pleased to report that Cynus is repolishing several takes to bnring to us.  I do wish folk would link to the tales!

This is Fearless!

The observant amongst us will notice the large button at the foot. Pressing it commits you to nothing, but you may find something to your benefit there.

[Updated on: Thu, 14 September 2017 20:02]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Fearless, by Cynus  [message #73414 is a reply to message #73391] Mon, 18 September 2017 18:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cynus is currently offline  Cynus

Getting started

"Bisexual_Guy wrote on Mon, 11 September 2017 21:27"
I am so glad to see this great tale appearing here!  Clint is not your normal main character.  His Dad is not a normal Dad, and I bet his sister is not a normal sister.  We shall see.

--Thank you for starting this post! I'm grateful for your support. Sorry it took so long to post a reply. I was moving all of last week.

"Be or be not, there is no why." - Cynus
Re: Fearless, by Cynus  [message #73415 is a reply to message #73393] Mon, 18 September 2017 18:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cynus is currently offline  Cynus

Getting started

Thank you, Andichan. This is the first time I've ever tried to write comedy.

@Mark, I appreciate the kudos. Hope I'm able to live up to them.

@Timmy, Thank you for pointing out the button and letting it be there in the first place. A little bit of support really does go a long way.

"Be or be not, there is no why." - Cynus
Re: Fearless, by Cynus  [message #73423 is a reply to message #73415] Thu, 21 September 2017 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

The plot is developing. As you have seen, it is also part one of a duology. Cynus will send part two to me soon. There are interesting differences between the two, as I am sure you will see.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Fearless, by Cynus  [message #73477 is a reply to message #73391] Thu, 05 October 2017 17:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthew is currently offline  Matthew

Toe is in the water

I really liked this story, it's a little different to a lot of the stuff out there and i mean that in a good way, i only intended to read the first chapter and then go to sleep and read the rest the next day, but i found myself reading them all in one go, which goes to show that i did enjoy the story being told, i am waiting for a few more chapters of the next part to appear and look forward to the continuation from another characters PoV
Re: Fearless, by Cynus  [message #73480 is a reply to message #73477] Thu, 05 October 2017 23:25 Go to previous message
American_Alex

Toe is in the water

One thing I can't figure out about the character of Clint; he seems mature and level-headed, yet he wants to be a drama queen. I find that these 2 personality traits rarely go together.

"Able was I ere I saw Elba"
Previous Topic: Star Light, Star Bright-- by Geron Kees
Next Topic: Thilo by Andrew Foote
Goto Forum: