A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > We Lift Them Up To The Lord
We Lift Them Up To The Lord  [message #73957] Sun, 28 January 2018 02:35 Go to next message
Merkin is currently offline  Merkin

Getting started

This is an absolutely stunning piece of writing by a writer I have not encountered before now.  It is the sort of story where, upon finishing it, I went directly back to the beginning and read it through again.  I am still struck with the wonder of it.  Be assured I intend to search to see if there are any other writings by Sean J Halford on the web. I hope there will soon be more here.
James Merkin
Re: We Lift Them Up To The Lord  [message #73958 is a reply to message #73957] Sun, 28 January 2018 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Geron Kees is currently offline  Geron Kees

Likes it here

Quote:
Merkin wrote on Sun, 28 January 2018 02:35This is an absolutely stunning piece of writing by a writer I have not encountered before now.  It is the sort of story where, upon finishing it, I went directly back to the beginning and read it through again.  I am still struck with the wonder of it.  Be assured I intend to search to see if there are any other writings by Sean J Halford on the web. I hope there will soon be more here.
James Merkin

--I have to agree. This is a fine piece of work, and I also hope to see more from Sean. This is the kind of story that leaves you with a 'wow' at the end.
Re: We Lift Them Up To The Lord  [message #73959 is a reply to message #73957] Sun, 28 January 2018 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

"Merkin wrote on Sun, 28 January 2018 02:35"
This is an absolutely stunning piece of writing by a writer I have not encountered before now.  It is the sort of story where, upon finishing it, I went directly back to the beginning and read it through again.  I am still struck with the wonder of it.  Be assured I intend to search to see if there are any other writings by Sean J Halford on the web. I hope there will soon be more here.
James Merkin

--
Sean J Halford is a published author. You may recall Stronger than Lions some years ago. Sean was going to allow us to publish that here. Instead he found he had an offer for mainstream commercial publishing just as he was putting the finishing touches to it. Naturally he withdrew it from us, but he has alwasy considered us kindly.

He credits me with encouraging him to finish Lions. Well, perhaps. I just told him I'd like to publish it here when he was ready. I think he encouraged himself.

We Lift Them Up To The Lord is a very polished piece. I trust there will be no spoilers. I cant work out whether... No. That would be a spoiler.

[Updated on: Sun, 28 January 2018 09:35]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: We Lift Them Up To The Lord  [message #74052 is a reply to message #73957] Sun, 11 February 2018 00:41 Go to previous message
Marty is currently offline  Marty

Getting started

Quote:
Merkin wrote on Sun, 28 January 2018 02:35This is an absolutely stunning piece of writing by a writer I have not encountered before now.  It is the sort of story where, upon finishing it, I went directly back to the beginning and read it through again.  I am still struck with the wonder of it.  Be assured I intend to search to see if there are any other writings by Sean J Halford on the web. I hope there will soon be more here.
James Merkin

--  It certainly is stunning!

Marty
Previous Topic: Homosexuality is not the preserve of the white races
Next Topic: Refugees and Aid Scandals previewed in literature
Goto Forum: