A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Three doors
icon7.gif Three doors   [message #73963] Mon, 29 January 2018 02:35 Go to next message
Joe.mx is currently offline  Joe.mx

Toe is in the water

You have in front 3 doors

Door number 1 - the love of your life

Door number 2 - 100 millions dollars

Door number 3 - time machine

What door Will you choose ? 🤔

[Updated on: Mon, 29 January 2018 04:09]

Be strong , so that nobody can defeat you ,
Be noble , so that nobody can humiliate you,
Be yourself , so that nobody can forgets you.
Re: Three doors   [message #73964 is a reply to message #73963] Mon, 29 January 2018 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

It seemed like an easy choice, but the love of my life never loved me, so opening the door to him would be an immediate failure.

The money is tempting. But I can acquire the money if I have the time machine. I can gamble knowing the outcome and turn small money in to large money easily.

And, if I have my time machine I can visit the love of my life in the past, though not be his age. I can influence his thoughts about 'myself', the me in that time, and thus hope he will be more willing to entertain at least exploring things with me. And I can deliver the letter to my 16 year old self in whatever is an appropriate manner.

So it is the time machine.

[Updated on: Mon, 29 January 2018 16:58]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Three doors   [message #73966 is a reply to message #73964] Tue, 30 January 2018 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Toe is in the water

>Letter 16 year old self < just Wow , i can write to my 16 yo self , be more patient with your dad , listen to him, listen to his advises , in four years you will lose him and you will be throwed to real life , and don't look never to those green eyes never fall in love with something impossible , there will be hell to pay.

I will choose number 3 , not to fix the mistakes i made , i have learned from that and they have made the men i am now , number 3 to go forever when i was 12 .

[Updated on: Tue, 30 January 2018 02:43]

Re: Three doors   [message #73967 is a reply to message #73966] Tue, 30 January 2018 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

"Joe.mx wrote on Tue, 30 January 2018 02:39"
>Letter 16 year old self < just Wow , i can write to my 16 yo self , be more patient with your dad , listen to him, listen to his advises , in four years you will lose him and you will be throwed to real life , and don't look never to those green eyes never fall in love with something impossible , there will be hell to pay.

I will choose number 3 , not to fix the mistakes i made , i have learned from that and they have made the men i am now , number 3 to go forever when i was 12 .

--
Your number 3 idea is faulty. It may take your 2018 body to the year when you were 12, but your body will not be 12. Thus you, whatever age you are today, will look at those 12 year old companions, and not be a part of their play, their lives. At first I thought that was how I could use the time machine, but the idea falls at that obstacle.

Provided you have not built your time machine yourself it wil be posisble for you to use it to influence your future life. If you have built it yourself because of your current life it is unlikely to exist if you try to alter that life. If you use someone else's machine then you may manage to change things. But, if you change them so that you do not wish to return to the past to influence things, then you cannot alter them, so they must remain the same.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Three doors   [message #73969 is a reply to message #73967] Wed, 31 January 2018 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Toe is in the water

"timmy wrote on Tue, 30 January 2018 02:09"
"Joe.mx wrote on Tue, 30 January 2018 02:39"

--
Your number 3 idea is faulty. It may take your 2018 body to the year when you were 12, but your body will not be 12. Thus you, whatever age you are today, will look at those 12 year old companions, and not be a part of their play, their lives. At first I thought that was how I could use the time machine, but the idea falls at that obstacle.

Provided you have not built your time machine yourself it wil be posisble for you to use it to influence your future life. If you have built it yourself because of your current life it is unlikely to exist if you try to alter that life. If you use someone else's machine then you may manage to change things. But, if you change them so that you do not wish to return to the past to influence things, then you cannot alter them, so they must remain the same.

--
Yea , you are right , when i made the post didnt realise that , the idea to back in time falls for that problem , but what i really wanted to say is to go back to that age , that time when one have no problems, when your heart isnt beaten, when one didnt have to worry about feelings things for another boy ,that time when the only thing you have to worry is to have your homework done and to think what adventure that day will bring, i didnt mean to turn this topic into something melancolic ,sorry

[Updated on: Wed, 31 January 2018 04:17]

Re: Three doors   [message #73970 is a reply to message #73969] Wed, 31 January 2018 08:11 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

I would love to be 13 again, knowing what I know today. Maybe it woudl all happen the same way, but I doubt it.

Previous Topic: Greatest
Next Topic: inspiration
Goto Forum: