A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > The Odd, Onward Door--No Door Left Behind
The Odd, Onward Door--No Door Left Behind  [message #73913] Sun, 21 January 2018 07:26 Go to next message
Bisexual_Guy is currently offline  Bisexual_Guy

Likes it here

Wow!  Once again, Geron Kees has created an imaginative and brilliant story, continuing what was in "The Odd, Onward Door."  This second chapter of the "The Odd, Onward Door" is a worthy onward telling of more in the saga.  

We meet another interesting character, learn more about the doors, and a little bit of additional background, and it is done in such a way that the story is not bogged down.  We see the potential for several thousand adventures (although I am certain that Geron will not have enough lifetime to produce all of the possibilities).  It further will be interesting to see if Derry's mother is as open-minded as is Mike Hamlyn seems to be, about the boys and their relationship.

By the way, Geron, I am curious about how you pronounce "Cally."  Is it the first syllable of Caleb, plus the "ly" sound added, or is it like the first syllable of Calvin and the "ly" sound added?

As long as you keep writing in the "Onward Door" series, Geron, I will keep reading, if I am alive and able.  Well done again.

If any have not yet read "The Odd, Onward Door," I suggest going to the "Story Shelf" and scrolling down to the stories by Geron Kees.  He has many other interesting stories, as well.
Re: The Odd, Onward Door--No Door Left Behind  [message #73914 is a reply to message #73913] Sun, 21 January 2018 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

"Bisexual_Guy wrote on Sun, 21 January 2018 07:26"
Wow!  Once again, Geron Kees has created an imaginative and brilliant story, continuing what was in "The Odd, Onward Door."  This second chapter of the "The Odd, Onward Door" is a worthy onward telling of more in the saga.  

We meet another interesting character, learn more about the doors, and a little bit of additional background, and it is done in such a way that the story is not bogged down.  We see the potential for several thousand adventures (although I am certain that Geron will not have enough lifetime to produce all of the possibilities).  It further will be interesting to see if Derry's mother is as open-minded as is Mike Hamlyn seems to be, about the boys and their relationship.

By the way, Geron, I am curious about how you pronounce "Cally."  Is it the first syllable of Caleb, plus the "ly" sound added, or is it like the first syllable of Calvin and the "ly" sound added?

As long as you keep writing in the "Onward Door" series, Geron, I will keep reading, if I am alive and able.  Well done again.

If any have not yet read "The Odd, Onward Door," I suggest going to the "Story Shelf" and scrolling down to the stories by Geron Kees.  He has many other interesting stories, as well.

--
I suspect his telling us how to pronounce him is the same as his showing us a picture. Some will agree, others hate it!

The Odd Onward door starts here. And Geron Kees has his index page here.

Most authors have an imagination that runs only in one broad direction. If Geron does then that direction is about love, pure, simple and unending. The love is encompassed in a diverse and eclectic set of genres. In more than one of thse a movie is possible.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: The Odd, Onward Door--No Door Left Behind  [message #73930 is a reply to message #73913] Mon, 22 January 2018 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Geron Kees is currently offline  Geron Kees

Likes it here

"Bisexual_Guy wrote on Sun, 21 January 2018 07:26"

--
Re: The Odd, Onward Door--No Door Left Behind  [message #73931 is a reply to message #73913] Mon, 22 January 2018 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Hi Bi-Guy,

Don't know what went wrong with the last message, but I quoted you and then added a message, but it seemed to just save the quote, but not to save the message. So this time, no quote.

I appreciate the fact that I seem to have struck a chord with you. There are authors out there I like to read, and so I know the feeling you seem to be getting. It's odd for me to be on the other end of that for a change, but it's kind of nice. Thank you. Amazing, isn't it, that sometimes imaginations follow along the same paths?

It's Cally with a short 'A', like 'alley'. I often use the given names of people in my life, and I went to school with Cally as a boy. Another friend was named Derrick, but went by 'Derry'. The two names seemed to go together.

I have been enjoying this story line, so plan to add more to it. There are a lot of doors out there. I'd like to visit at least a few of the more interesting ones. thanks for riding along.

Re: The Odd, Onward Door--No Door Left Behind  [message #74124 is a reply to message #73931] Wed, 07 March 2018 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dookie11 is currently offline  dookie11

Getting started

Geron .
Getting used to commenting here .
Just like before , LOVE THE STORY !
dookie11
Re: The Odd, Onward Door--No Door Left Behind  [message #74130 is a reply to message #74124] Wed, 07 March 2018 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

"Quote:"
dookie11 wrote on Wed, 07 March 2018 03:03Geron .
Getting used to commenting here .
Just like before , LOVE THE STORY !
dookie11[/font-family]

-- 
I don't recognize the name, but I do recognize the font! :d (and the 11)

I appreciate hearing from you, as always. And every time I do, I get a nice smile out of it! Thanks!

[Updated on: Wed, 07 March 2018 22:59]

icon10.gif Re: The Odd, Onward Door--No Door Left Behind  [message #74139 is a reply to message #73931] Sat, 10 March 2018 04:53 Go to previous message
dookie11 is currently offline  dookie11

Getting started

Geron .
Had to say thanks for another great read !
I get lost in your stories .
Makes me happy !
boozel11
Previous Topic: T5A
Next Topic: an "Oops!" to be corrected with your help
Goto Forum: