A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Angel by Gabriel Duncan
Angel by Gabriel Duncan  [message #75986] Sun, 13 October 2019 06:09 Go to next message
Teddy is currently offline  Teddy

Really getting into it

It's a story I read on AD. Remind me to never read it again, in case you catch me starting to cuz I'm too stupid to remember what a waste it was.

What a fucking waste! Just saying...

(I'm not usually this critical, or if I am, I'm not so vocal about it but jeeezusss... Good writing... absolutely horrid story... worst ever on any of these sites...)

[Updated on: Sun, 13 October 2019 06:11]

“There's no grays, only white that's got grubby. I'm surprised you don't know that. And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including yourself. That's what sin is.” - Terry Pratchett
Re: Angel by Gabriel Duncan  [message #75987 is a reply to message #75986] Sun, 13 October 2019 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Of course you do realise that is superb publicity?  I have to read it now!

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Angel by Gabriel Duncan  [message #75988 is a reply to message #75987] Sun, 13 October 2019 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Well, three chapters in, I can say that it has not lived up to the potential of the first chapter. That happens, sometimes. I've written some awkward material, too.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Angel by Gabriel Duncan  [message #75990 is a reply to message #75988] Sun, 13 October 2019 18:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Yeah, I actually realized that when I put it up Razz, and if people actually want to go there and read it, more power to them. I've got to say this however, the further into the story it gets, the more disjointed and difficult to follow the writing becomes. And in the end all the several boys and main protagonists in the story meet their demise either by homocide, suicide, or terrible misunderstanding, all in one horrible and unidentified event that serves no purpose other than to create mayhem in the reader. It is truly one of the most horrible tales I've ever read. Be warned, those who go there! LOL

[Updated on: Sun, 13 October 2019 18:56]

“There's no grays, only white that's got grubby. I'm surprised you don't know that. And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including yourself. That's what sin is.” - Terry Pratchett
Re: Angel by Gabriel Duncan  [message #75991 is a reply to message #75990] Sun, 13 October 2019 19:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I think I have read better work by this author. 

Re: Angel by Gabriel Duncan  [message #75992 is a reply to message #75991] Sun, 13 October 2019 22:31 Go to previous message

Really getting into it

"timmy wrote on Sun, 13 October 2019 12:46"
I think I have read better work by this author. 

--One would hope, and I think you're correct. I believe I have as well. This one appears to have been posted 15+ years back. 

Previous Topic: Bonner
Next Topic: An Owl on My Scepter by Joe
Goto Forum: